PDA

View Full Version : Comments & suggestions on Front Tires?

Fredly
09-16-2021, 04:42 AM
New owner of 2017 Spyder RT Limited with original tires. Have read different posts regarding replacement of front tires. Intrigued by the thought of tire(s) with a stiffer sidewall to help reduce body roll while cornering. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Little Blue
09-16-2021, 06:33 AM
:coffee: First off, Welcome to the Spyder Forum.
Check out the posts on this Forum.

Currently there are 2 or 3 up running. Check them out.

Front tires are easy to replace. If you can remove your wheels/tires from your Spyder.
You will save a ton of money.

Good Luck .....:thumbup:

PMK
09-16-2021, 06:58 AM
Federal Formoza high performance tires on the front of our Spyder RT, and have installed them for others with never a complaint.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-16-2021, 07:03 AM
Do a search for front tires here in the forum. It'll take you longer to read all the info and comments than it would take you to ride to New York!!!!! :D

RayBJ
09-16-2021, 10:13 AM
If BODY ROLL in corners is what you're trying to fix, you'll be better off getting a BajaRon sway bar or replacement shocks. Auto tires will add traction and give a better 'feel' for the road.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-16-2021, 10:24 AM
New owner of 2017 Spyder RT Limited with original tires. Have read different posts regarding replacement of front tires. Intrigued by the thought of tire(s) with a stiffer sidewall to help reduce body roll while cornering. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

:congrats: & :welcome: .... currently the New model Vredestein tire ( the Quatrac ) is the highest rated tire available .... you can get them now ( even in the current tire shortage ) from tirerack.com ..... 165/60-15 .... if you order on-line or by phone check the " decline veh. info box " ... these are AUTO tires and they might not sell them to you .... for LEGAL reasons ..... even tho the Spyder has AUTO type " J " wheels which match Auto tire " bead " shape ... I could type for Hours explaining this, but it has already been posted here for years ..... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

Mikey
09-16-2021, 10:57 AM
Do yourself a favor if you have a rainy Saturday morning and get a cup of coffee and type in the search engine, car tires, and get ready to drink a pot of coffee and oh yes have a couple aspirin ready, because you will get a headache for sure!!!:roflblack: You have to do it at least once!!! The Bluenight is worth listening to in my book, he has this subject hands down, trust me!!!:coffee:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-16-2021, 02:41 PM
Do yourself a favor if you have a rainy Saturday morning and get a cup of coffee and type in the search engine, car tires, and get ready to drink a pot of coffee and oh yes have a couple aspirin ready, because you will get a headache for sure!!!:roflblack: You have to do it at least once!!! The Bluenight is worth listening to in my book, he has this subject hands down, trust me!!!:coffee:

Well thank you for the compliment :clap: ...... also Peter Aawen has excellent info ( if you like very long explanations :dontknow::roflblack: ) but they are worth reading ...... Mike :thumbup:

thereverend
09-28-2021, 02:40 PM
Thanks Mike, just ordered 2 of the Vredsteins 165/60/R15's going on my 2015 RT

Partzman23
09-28-2021, 05:41 PM
Fredly, I Sent PM

askitee
09-29-2021, 02:49 AM

I have a '17 RTL and this is my write up of NanKangs on it https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?124948-Nankang-XR611-Rear-225-50R15-fitted-to-RTL
(https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?124948-Nankang-XR611-Rear-225-50R15-fitted-to-RTL)

Revalden
10-06-2021, 09:51 PM
Federal Formoza high performance tires on the front of our Spyder RT, and have installed them for others with never a complaint.

Federal Formoza AZ01 @ 17 psi for fronts, Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-season tire 225/50R15 91H @ 18 psi, If "Management" is riding along I up psi to 20.