PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased a Stinger spyder trailer? After buying info...

MAINRIDER
09-14-2021, 11:14 AM
Stinger spyder trailer advertised here, has anyone purchased one, don't see any dealers in the US so did they ship it to you or did you go to Canada to pick it up, any and all information about the trailer would be appreciated

honsfun
09-14-2021, 09:36 PM
I used a stinger to haul my motorcycle never let me down. used to be made in USA. traveled at 75 mph up and down east coast. Trailer comes with bearing Buddy to make easy to grease bearings. probably put 25000 miles on without problem. If i had a place to keep a full size trailer i would not buy a Stinger.

ClayJ
11-12-2022, 09:30 AM
I bought a Stinger from a friend. I have no idea where he bought it. I got the impression he had to go get it.

I've used it about 4 times now. Easy to load and unload the bike. Great to store all folded up against the back wall of the garage.

Not great for folding and unfolding. I can carefully unfold it by myself, but can't fold it up alone.

CopperSpyder
11-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Stinger spyder trailer advertised here, has anyone purchased one, don't see any dealers in the US so did they ship it to you or did you go to Canada to pick it up, any and all information about the trailer would be appreciated

Dealers in the US, per the web site on our home page. "click: https://stingertrailer.com/dealers-usa/

Way old post buy just an fyi.

MichaelSpyderRT
12-14-2022, 12:33 PM
Dealers in the US, per the web site on our home page. "click: https://stingertrailer.com/dealers-usa/

Way old post buy just an fyi.

A very interesting trailer, but not exactly cheap and unfortunately not available in Germany. What I find most ingenious is that it can be converted to very compact dimensions. Unfortunately, as I said, not available in Germany and the next uncertain point would then be the technical approval. Unfortunately, they are very strict about this, so most aftermarket accessories are "illegal" to use here. In the event of an accident, the insurance cover will probably expire.

03-08-2023, 05:12 PM
Too much money even here in Canada

gkamer
03-09-2023, 05:58 PM
I bought a Stinger from a friend. I have no idea where he bought it. I got the impression he had to go get it.

I've used it about 4 times now. Easy to load and unload the bike. Great to store all folded up against the back wall of the garage.

Not great for folding and unfolding. I can carefully unfold it by myself, but can't fold it up alone.

I saw a YouTube video where some fella rigged up a winch in his garage to handle the heavy lifting of folding it for him.

ClayJ
03-14-2023, 12:21 PM
I saw a YouTube video where some fella rigged up a winch in his garage to handle the heavy lifting of folding it for him.

I've watched all the stinger trailer videos I can find and never seen that. Could you post a link or a hint about what the video title was?

CopperSpyder
03-14-2023, 03:27 PM
I've watched all the stinger trailer videos I can find and never seen that. Could you post a link or a hint about what the video title was?

Here you go ClayJ "click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYCYLQWMv8

2dogs
03-14-2023, 06:53 PM
Just a thought from my experience. I bought an Aluma brand trailer from a very nice gentleman on this site. It had super chocks mounted on the front of it and a loading ramp on the back of it. It only needs two tie downs to hold the Spyder securely. It is all aluminum so it's impervious to the weather and can be parked outside year around. It can carry my Spyder; a washer and a dryer; or whatever; and my son borrows it in the winter to haul his snowmobile. It's a strong little multi use trailer.

ClayJ
03-15-2023, 07:08 AM
Here you go ClayJ "click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYCYLQWMv8

No wonder I couldn't find it, it's unlisted. Thanks for the link.

I don't think I'd spend $500 on that winch just for the trailer, but I might spend $50 for a harbor freight trailer winch. I'd mount it to a receiver and put a pulley on the ceiling.

As for a multi use trailer, I would love to have one but have nowhere to store it so this is my best option. It surprised me just how little floor space it needs when folded up.

2dogs
03-15-2023, 03:18 PM
You can get a 6'x10' aluminum trailer with a folding tongue and a bi-folding ramp that would stand up flat against a garage wall. Providing you had a 10' ceiling. Just a thought. I seriously looked at a stinger but it seemed to be just too flimsy for me. JMHO

DriftersWay
03-30-2023, 02:44 PM
Looking at buying a trailer for hauling my F3.
Has anyone here bought the Stynger trailer?
If so what are your thoughts?

RobDekker
04-01-2023, 09:06 AM
https://youtu.be/qi4oYRp66WU

ClayJ
04-01-2023, 10:57 AM
https://youtu.be/qi4oYRp66WU

My trailer is a couple years old and works different from the video shown. I don't have the 4 tie downs on my trailer that he shows, and my tongue jack is the generic style you buy from any autoparts store that bolts to a rectangular tongue, so it won't just unpin from the frame.

When I tie down my spyder, I take the ratchet strap and wrap it through the front wheel and around the front stop plate. Think of it like ziptie-ing the front wheels to the stop. Then I do the same with the rear wheel.

I have a 2019 which has a much lower nose than the model shown in the video. I think the ratchet strap would rub on the tupperware if I tried to strap the way he did.

I also don't trust those hooks on the end of ratchet straps. I've had too many times where a hard bump in the road caused enough compression to relax the straps and let those hooks fall out. I either use a velcro strap to secure the hooks in place, or use a threaded caribiner to attach the ends so they can't fall loose.

Also note that unfolding and folding the trailer is a 2 adult chore. Ignoring the video above where the guy uses a winch, you need another strong adult to help you safely manipulate the folding feature of the trailer.

I have unfolded the trailer by myself several times, but it's sketchy and I'd much rather have help. I don't think there's any way I (me) could fold the trailer up alone.