PDA

View Full Version : What's available in Additional turn signals for front?

Mazo EMS2
08-31-2021, 08:01 PM
We got our '21 RT's a couple weeks ago and can't believe the lack of turn signals up front. Has anyone found any add-ons/auxilary LED's to mount anywhere for additional signal? I know Lamonster has the ones for the mirrors, but what else is out there?

Copperman
08-31-2021, 09:18 PM
Spyderpops.com is one of our sponsors. I'm sure he has things you need.

JohnRuckus
09-01-2021, 06:42 AM
There are quite a few. Check TricLED and Slingmods as well.

ARtraveler
09-01-2021, 11:17 AM
Flashing mirror LED's from Spyderpops or Lamonster Garage.

We have a set from each one.

Peteoz
09-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Yeah, our Aussie RTs come with the turn signals built into the mirrors as stock. They are at a good height and very easy to see for oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, we don’t get the brake light in the rear trunk, which would make us far more visible from behind. Strange……

Pete

Quickdraw
09-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Fender lights is a must IMO. I put them on both my Spyder and the wife's Ryker.

Mazo EMS2
09-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the ideas all..

woods
09-01-2021, 07:46 PM
I have a kit from, I believe spyderpops, that has fender-mirror-and saddlebag lights on my 20. Very nice set up and not too hard to install! I'm thinking it was the vision kit.

YIRYDE
09-02-2021, 09:37 AM
I found these that may help you.

Spyder Pops
https://spyderpops.com/2020-up-rt-2019-up-f3-fender-reflector-led-kit-with-built-in-turn-signals-tested-on-our-bench-for-flawless-installs-plug-play-ready-spy385/

SlingMods
https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyder-sequential-front-fender-led-reflectors-spyderfenderz-tricled-2019-up?vehicle=1
https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyder-f3-rt-dual-a-arm-running-light-strips-turn-signals-2019-up?vehicle=1

Drwerner
09-02-2021, 11:41 AM
We got our '21 RT's a couple weeks ago and can't believe the lack of turn signals up front. Has anyone found any add-ons/auxilary LED's to mount anywhere for additional signal? I know Lamonster has the ones for the mirrors, but what else is out there?

I am so glad you posted this question, I have been thinking the same and just ordered from Lamonster :)

SpyderGoldwingOwner
09-03-2021, 10:03 AM
If I were adding signals lights I would order the ones that go on the front fender by SpyderPops. They look factory & are bright is all out

ThreeWheels
09-03-2021, 10:22 AM
I used the SpyderPops kit. I mounted the mirror lights lights on the front of the mirrors instead of the side. This kit also lights up the side markers on the front fenders and rear bags.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184987&d=1601131003

motoguzziman
09-08-2021, 07:50 AM
I wonder if the Aussie turn signal lights are available from our local Spyder dealers? Anyone know if the wiring exists on US models to connect turn signal lights on the mirrors like the Aussies have?

Schreckftw
09-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Yeah, our Aussie RTs come with the turn signals built into the mirrors as stock. They are at a good height and very easy to see for oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, we don’t get the brake light in the rear trunk, which would make us far more visible from behind. Strange……

Pete

I love those lights in the mirror. I wish it was a dealer option in the US. I found the part numbers. It would be $230 USD per side to order them. I talked to my dealer and he said they would fit. I would just have to wire them. They appear to only come in black so I would have to paint them as well.

motoguzziman
09-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Do you know if the US wiring has the extra connection available to plug in the Aussie turn signals or would you have to run the wires to the existing turn signals and jump off of them.

mneblett
10-23-2021, 07:53 PM
I love those lights in the mirror. I wish it was a dealer option in the US. I found the part numbers. It would be $230 USD per side to order them. I talked to my dealer and he said they would fit. I would just have to wire them. They appear to only come in black so I would have to paint them as well.
Hi, Schreckftw -- would you please share the parts numbers? Despite the potentially high cost, I may want to go the Aussie route for my wife's RT.

Jetfixer
10-30-2021, 04:37 PM
Do you know if the US wiring has the extra connection available to plug in the Aussie turn signals or would you have to run the wires to the existing turn signals and jump off of them.

Wiring is not there on US models. Must run from existing fender lights.

Jetfixer
10-30-2021, 04:40 PM
I added these to mine. They are from Custom Dynamics, called LED Boltz. They are white for running lights, and amber for turn signals. Sold as a pair, so what you see is 3 pairs, plus 2 converter modules to change colors. Available black or chrome. They are very bright. This photo caught the ambers on using the hazard flashers.

FrogmanDave
10-30-2021, 09:04 PM
@Jetfixer; Those Custom Dynamics look very good. They may just be in my future. Whatever I decide on will be 6k white running lights and amber turns. IMO no other way to do it.

K80Shooter
10-31-2021, 08:40 AM
I added these to mine. They are from Custom Dynamics, called LED Boltz. They are white for running lights, and amber for turn signals. Sold as a pair, so what you see is 3 pairs, plus 2 converter modules to change colors. Available black or chrome. They are very bright. This photo caught the ambers on using the hazard flashers.

Quick question, Is that one set of six lights or three sets of two lights that you have on yours?

FrogmanDave
11-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Quick question, Is that one set of six lights or three sets of two lights that you have on yours?

Three sets of two. They are sold in pairs according to their website. You also need one controller per side.

K80Shooter
11-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Three sets of two. They are sold in pairs according to their website. You also need one controller per side.

That's the way I understood it also but just wanted to make sure.

Peter Aawen
11-01-2021, 05:38 PM

Wiring is not there on US models. Must run from existing fender lights.

I'd think that there'll almost certainly be a sub-loom available that you can plug in somewhere to make the Oz mirror back signals plug & play - cos there's no way that BRP individually wires each Aus/NZ spec Spyder as it rolls down the production line!! :banghead:

Somewhere along that production line, or maybe during the initial loom assembly stage, one or more operator/s will simply grab that sub-loom from the rack/shelf/box; plug it in to the main loom at the appropriate spots; then someone on the main production line will install that Aus/NZ spec loom with mirror light sub-loom attached onto the frame; & finally someone else'll connect it to the mirror back signal lamps/units as they get fitted/the bike goes by.... :rolleyes:

All you gotta do is identify the part number, where it fits, & then find a supplier... for the OE sub loom & the mirror back signal lamps! ;) . Simples! :ohyea:

KAMJAM
11-01-2021, 06:46 PM
well, gonna rain for the next 2-3 weeks, was planning on installing those lights, looks like a treasure hunt is in order!

DanDanTMM
11-02-2021, 12:18 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I have never really worried that much about someone seeing my front turn signals. At least not adding on more. You don't typically hear about someone getting hit because someone didn't see turn signals of an oncoming vehicle. Typically it is someone turning in front of you that gets you and not the other way around. I have always focused on front lights that are on all the time that make me visible and making sure my rear turn signals are super bright. Heck, I have had more close incidents where I had my turn signal on and someone thought I was turning sooner than I really was and tried pulling out in front of me. Especially where there are several entrances really close together.

Surely I am missing something here because I see this topic come up from time to time. How is my logic flawed?

Jetfixer
11-02-2021, 05:53 PM
I'd think that there'll almost certainly be a sub-loom available that you can plug in somewhere to make the Oz mirror back signals plug & play - cos there's no way that BRP individually wires each Aus/NZ spec Spyder as it rolls down the production line!! :banghead:

Somewhere along that production line, or maybe during the initial loom assembly stage, one or more operator/s will simply grab that sub-loom from the rack/shelf/box; plug it in to the main loom at the appropriate spots; then someone on the main production line will install that Aus/NZ spec loom with mirror light sub-loom attached onto the frame; & finally someone else'll connect it to the mirror back signal lamps/units as they get fitted/the bike goes by.... :rolleyes:

All you gotta do is identify the part number, where it fits, & then find a supplier... for the OE sub loom & the mirror back signal lamps! ;) . Simples! :ohyea:

Some of the aftermarket suppliers are making "plug-n-play" looms, but no direct link to anything from BRP. Our site sponsor Spyderpops, supplies a Y-connector that piggybacks off of the front fender connection, but requires that you run the cable along the A-arms up towards the mirror housings. Not really a problem, but I'd rather a direct connection within the body. I actually thought about buying the OZ versions of the mirror housings to get lights, but it was very expensive. I have since added the Custom Dynamic LED Boltz to my significant others' F3 but I mounted them below the middle seam. I believe this provides even better lighting to the side of the road than the way I did them on my RT in the photo above. Now she's asking me if I want another set of mirror housings for Christmas so I can mount mine lower!!