PDA

View Full Version : The End of Western Civilization

Tom in NM
09-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I don't watch TV, but I do check out the NEWS on the internet, did I miss the memo on the End of Western Civilization and the World As We Know It?

For the last week, every time I have gone to the store ( 3 times ), they have made mistakes on ringing up the sale (twice in their favor and once in mine).

I usually cook at home, but have been real busy, so I have gone out to eat 4 times. From McDonalds and Dion's, to two different restaurants, they all messed up the orders - badly. McDonalds and one of the restaurants messed up the fixes. One of the restaurants even argued that that was what I had ordered, despite the fact that it was not what was on the order pad ( I had ordered Salmon, they brought a Burrito; "Its good, are you sure you don't want it?").

Two ice cream places I usually go to were out of the four flavors I like. And a stop at Sonic for a banana split provided a banana-less split (like I would not notice?!)

Today at Home Depot I picked up a hose connector, about a $1.50 on the shelf, $465 at the register. A rescan took it down to $175. I took back two hose connectors that I bought at Lowes on Friday, one would not work and the other broke - the computer would not authorize a return on an item not in the system even though I had the receipt and they were on the shelves. It took the store manager and 45 minutes to refund my $2.37.

The only commercial transaction I had this week that didn't get screwed up was a purchase from the Apple Store.

And I won't go into all the stupid and some very sad things that I saw people doing.

So did I miss the memo? Is it like this all over the country or world?

Tom

spyderlover2
09-20-2009, 01:58 AM
its called a lack of respect! :gaah: no respect for who these people serve...US, and no respect for who pays them...US again! if we didnt shop, they wouldnt be working. its as simple as that. everytime i have days or even months like that...i find it makes me a more patient person. that may sound backwards, and i might get tee'd off in the moment...but i remember who i am dealing with and blow it off afterwards!
i may not be helping you out here but its worth a try. get on your ride and let all of that frustration blow off in the wind! :2thumbs: cruise on fellow riders! :ohyea:

NancysToy
09-20-2009, 08:26 AM
All you can do when you get a day like that is sit back and chuckle. If it was the circus, you'd have to pay to see the show! Time to grin and bear it, otherwise it could make you nuts. :D:D:D Things can only go up from here.

effgjamis
09-20-2009, 09:37 AM
English..... Please

Tom in NM
09-20-2009, 11:37 AM
This kind of thing can happen any time, and being 61, I have made plenty of mistakes - still do. It has given me plenty of practice at apologizing and working to make things right.

But for the last week, it has been just crazy "out there". It is not even safe "riding" it out. Yesterday, on my way back from Lowes, the light turned yellow ahead of me at a busy intersection. I slowed and was coming to a stop - the light was red - and three cars in the lane next to me, ran the red light!?

As I was opening my gate to finally "hole up" for the day, I heard a chain saw and then the cracking of wood. And then a loud crash and the sound of metal being crushed. A neighbor was trimming a tree, cut off a huge branch and it fell on his brother's truck and pretty much totaled it. There was a lot of laughter. Seems to save time, they were cutting the branches so they would fall into the bed of the truck so they wouldn't have to load them. As they say on the NEWS, alcohol was involved.

Oh well, today should be just fine for a nice quiet ride in the mountains and on the back-roads. I just hope when I get back, the valley is not some smoldering disaster area and my house is still standing.

Tom