PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am Ryder arrested...gotta read this...

bone crusher
09-19-2009, 11:01 PM
From the Washington Post...this idiot cut off a cop on his spyder and got arrested...oh, he also had 3 loaded guns with him...guess he thought his athlete status made him special...neat how the article so specifically mentioned what type of bike he was on...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/NewsSearch?st=can-am%20spyder&

Donk45
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
been talking about it here
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14340

shunkmanitu
09-20-2009, 02:30 AM
[quote=bone crusher]From the Washington Post...this idiot cut off a cop on his spyder and got arrested...oh, he also had 3 loaded guns with him...guess he thought his athlete status made him special...neat how the article so specifically mentioned what type of bike he was on...quote]

There are a few places that I will not bother riding. These are the ones, like DC, NYC, etc., that will not allow me to exercise my 2nd admendment right to carry my choice of guns.

Don in E Texas
09-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Fellow I know here in E Texas has a pistol-grip 12 gauge shot gun mounted on the side of his Harley. Nothing wrong with that -- just an observation... guess it is a sign of the times.

don

M2Wild
09-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Wut-da-ya expect from a 26 year old high school grad wit a crap load of money? Carrying and Spydering are totally different. I carry when I ride in colder months. Gives me a piece of mind going thru some rough neighborhoods.

krb1945
09-20-2009, 08:41 AM
The below is directly related to riding Spyders, motorcycles or any other vehicle.

The most polite societies... are societies that are equally armed or unarmed. I am a staunch supported of the United States Constitution and The BILL of RIGHTS which for those that do not remember are the First Ten Amendments to the Constitution: therefore, I believe it is our right, both yours and mine, to protect our property, families and ourselves.

We both ride spyders and due to age need to protect ourselves because the police through no fault of their own arrive after the fact. If they don't get there until after the fact they cannot protect us. Therefore, it is our responsibility to protect ourselves and aid and protect others if necessary. We have also noticed that there seems to be an increase in strict enforcement of all traffic laws during the past 10 months. We can only surmise it is due to lower tax revenues but mainly "government greed".

I know there are counties in Texas and in Georgia where you are required to own a gun unless it is against your religious principals or you are a felon. Crimes rates in these states are lower and it is directly attributed to these two counties. Last stats I saw about 18 months ago... Georgia 10 percent lower and Texas 8 percent lower.

In view of the fact the United States is rapidly turning into a big brother police state... a rat on your friend or neighbor condition like Nazi Germany during WWII. I will leave it to your vivid imagination as to whether or not I own or carry self and family defense devices or electronics.

Remember this in Germany during the 1930s the government took over the banking and financial system, the auto industry and seized weapons from private citizens. The government then proceeded to murder millions of its residents. I have to say residents because an unarmed individual is a resident slave to the government... an armed individual is a citizen.

"When the citizens fear the government that is slavery... when the government fears its citizens that is "FREEDOM'.:thumbup:

Also I agree this fellow was wrong and should suffer the consequences of his actions. No one... and I do mean no one, not even the prima donnas or politicians, should be above the law!

Here is a YouTube speed that should be seen by everyone... it is important to watch it all the way to the end. YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

BajaRon
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
The below is directly related to riding Spyders, motorcycles or any other vehicle.

The most polite societies... are societies that are equally armed or unarmed. I am a staunch supported of the United States Constitution and The BILL of RIGHTS which for those that do not remember are the First Ten Amendments to the Constitution: therefore, I believe it is our right, both yours and mine, to protect our property, families and ourselves.

We both ride spyders and due to age need to protect ourselves because the police through no fault of their own arrive after the fact. If they don't get there until after the fact they cannot protect us. Therefore, it is our responsibility to protect ourselves and aid and protect others if necessary. We have also noticed that there seems to be an increase in strict enforcement of all traffic laws during the past 10 months. We can only surmise it is due to lower tax revenues but mainly "government greed".

I know there are counties in Texas and in Georgia where you are required to own a gun unless it is against your religious principals or you are a felon. Crimes rates in these states are lower and it is directly attributed to these two counties. Last stats I saw about 18 months ago... Georgia 10 percent lower and Texas 8 percent lower.

In view of the fact the United States is rapidly turning into a big brother police state... a rat on your friend or neighbor condition like Nazi Germany during WWII. I will leave it to your vivid imagination as to whether or not I own or carry self and family defense devices or electronics.

Remember this in Germany during the 1930s the government took over the banking and financial system, the auto industry and seized weapons from private citizens. The government then proceeded to murder millions of its residents. I have to say residents because an unarmed individual is a resident slave to the government... an armed individual is a citizen.

"When the citizens fear the government that is slavery... when the government fears its citizens that is "FREEDOM'.:thumbup:

Also I agree this fellow was wrong and should suffer the consequences of his actions. No one... and I do mean no one, not even the prima donnas or politicians, should be above the law!

Here is a YouTube speed that should be seen by everyone... it is important to watch it all the way to the end. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6sJi-RrvQ)

AMEN!

cdragut
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Ken in Keystone Heights, Florida
American, USN DAV 100 % 'er,
Proud grandfather of a U.S. Marine
God, Country, Family
"Happy owner"
2009 Red/Black SE5 Spyder
2008 Yellow//Black SM5 PE No. 548
2008 Black SM5 Spyder
2008 Red metallic GL1800
1989 Wineberry GL1500

just one short question: who's god, yours or mine?...
i got sick reading this post... if we all think like this, there is no chance the humanity will leave in peace, ever... just more, and more wars...

ataDude
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
just one short question: who's god, yours or mine?...
i got sick reading this post... if we all think like this, there is no chance the humanity will leave in peace, ever... just more, and more wars...

Just one short answer: his.

And, wow... just wow. :helpsmilie:

D&J's#2
09-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Here, here:spyder2:

NewRider
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
This NBA player? An idiot; pure and simple...:lecturef_smilie:

bone crusher
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Didn't watch the youtube but I agree that the gov't is moving towards taking away our rights and it has been doing so since before this administration.

As far as one person here who got sick...if you defend one Amendment, you should defend them all...you cannot lead from a position of weakness...our country should remain strong and ALL our rights should be protected.

I love the Jefferson quote someone here has...

'Those who turn in their guns for plows will work for those who do not'.

Think about that for a moment. Being strong doesn't mean starting wars...it means being able to defend your family and turf...and this is a good thing.

As far as this administration's flawed views on many international issues...it takes TWO to have peace and only ONE to have war. We're so intent on peace and being PC in this country that we're giving away our future!

Okay, off my soapbox!

Here is a YouTube speed that should be seen by everyone... it is important to watch it all the way to the end. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6sJi-RrvQ)

RoadHammer
09-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Amen brother. Good post:2thumbs:

Didn't watch the youtube but I agree that the gov't is moving towards taking away our rights and it has been doing so since before this administration.

As far as one person here who got sick...if you defend one Amendment, you should defend them all...you cannot lead from a position of weakness...our country should remain strong and ALL our rights should be protected.

I love the Jefferson quote someone here has...

'Those who turn in their guns for plows will work for those who do not'.

Think about that for a moment. Being strong doesn't mean starting wars...it means being able to defend your family and turf...and this is a good thing.

As far as this administration's flawed views on many international issues...it takes TWO to have peace and only ONE to have war. We're so intent on peace and being PC in this country that we're giving away our future!

Okay, off my soapbox!

Firefly
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM

We're not supposed to be posting political things out here!

Please remove this $%^& CRAP. I'm tired of people bashing our country and our president.