PDA

View Full Version : Intro post

AutumnCat
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Newbie on this site.
Have been doing a ton of research about the Spyder.
Traveled from PA down to Easton, MD yesterday for the BRP event. Unfortunately, the BRP reps had no 2010 models (even though when I called ahead I was told they would). No biggy, I guess - just wanted as much info as I could get to help decide on what Spyder is right for me.

We DID get to road test the 2009 SE5 (for me) & SM5 (for my hubby).
After that ride - I said sign me up. I was so hyped after my ride - it was hard to contain it.

So - I now know what I want and we have found a good dealer to work with (in Hanover, PA). He is going to call around on Monday to try to locate a 2009 SE5 (he just sold his last one last week).

Anyway - I am looking forward to being a new Spyder owner - as soon as possible.
I was wondering if there are any owner events or get togethers in the PA area? Would love to meet other owners!
:f_spider:

~Janice

Rando
09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
welcome

BumbleBee
09-19-2009, 02:10 PM
:congrats:welcome I too was hyped after I sat on one. Bought a SE5 shortly after that. Best thing I ever did. :thumbup:

Couldn't get my husband to buy one, never know one day :D

ataDude
09-19-2009, 03:03 PM
welcome

MarkLawson
09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I've been hyped for the last couple of months, since my wife got hers. I've had fun accessorizing it for her to get her comfortable. My turn is coming...

Welcome!

Bersquack
09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
welcome

irish2themax
09-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I was wondering if there are any owner events or get togethers in the PA area? Would love to meet other owners!

~Janice

welcome

There is a group of us getting together on Saturday, 3 October for a "Covered Bridge Run" in Bucks and Lehigh counties.

See this post for details.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13461

docdoru
09-19-2009, 05:33 PM
welcome

AutumnCat
09-19-2009, 06:19 PM
welcome

There is a group of us getting together on Saturday, 3 October for a "Covered Bridge Run" in Bucks and Lehigh counties.

See this post for details.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13461

Thanks Irish.
Unfortunately, that weekend is booked. Plus, by the time I get my Spyder...I'll probably only have it only a few days before that run. I'd like a little time to get acclimated before doing a long ride - I don't want to be horribly inexperienced when riding in a group.

I think it would be fun (initially) to meet up with some Spyder people at a bike friendly restaurant maybe.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!! I'm already planning accessories and future mods (when our budget recovers a bit) - and we don't even have the Spyder yet.

MizMuffet
09-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Welcome! Hope your wait is brief!

AutumnCat
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome! Hope your wait is brief!

Thanks Karen!
Looks like we will be bringing my new ryde home on Friday. Can't wait!
:2thumbs:

BeRight
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Newbie on this site.
Traveled from PA down to Easton, MD yesterday for the BRP event. Unfortunately, the BRP reps had no 2010 models (even though when I called ahead I was told they would). No biggy, I guess - just wanted as much info as I could get to help decide on what Spyder is right for me.

After that ride - I said sign me up. I was so hyped after my ride - it was hard to contain it.

So - I now know what I want and we have found a good dealer to work with (in Hanover, PA). He is going to call around on Monday to try to locate a 2009 SE5 (he just sold his last one last week).

Anyway - I am looking forward to being a new Spyder owner - as soon as possible.

~Janice
:congrats: welcome I had also signed up for the BRP event at Talbots. However, I did get an email just before I was going to leave, from Don, that they weren't going to have an RT (this was new news to Talbots as well) - so I didn't go. Please keep me on your list for potential hook-up for a ride and post as to your experience with Hanover dealer - especially after your first service. Check out the PA and MD forums for other nearby Spyder owners.

RubyRed
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
welcome

klw
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
welcome:congrats:
When your ready- get in touch. Not far from you at all I'm in Bucks County PA.

Karen:spyder:
Happy 08 SM5 owner

Laura
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
welcome Also not far in Wolfsville, MD

bud2061
10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
welcome Need more PA owners
Bud in Johnstown

pitmon
10-24-2009, 02:13 PM
welcome

Fun2
03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Live about 2 mi. off the Newberrytown Exit of 83. Have a 2008 and 2009 Spyders.:spyder2::spyder2::spyder::joke:

musicarcade
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
welcome
This is a great place for info and to meet other spyderlovers
:chat:

woodchuck
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Newbie on this site.

~JaniceThere is a dealer in Mount Bethel Pa. HORNS. I know he has a 2009 SE5 red can am on the showromm floor. Nice to deal with.

SpydeeBite2
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
welcome and :congrats: Your gonna love that :spyder2:

mofa52
05-04-2010, 09:43 AM
welcome, always know that the red ones are the fastest! Your going to have fun!:thumbup:

moabgirl
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Newbie on this site.

~Janice

My husband says my hand got "stuck" on my Spyder at the dealer and I couldn't move it until the SOLD sign was put on it! You'll have so much fun!

AutumnCat
05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
There is a dealer in Mount Bethel Pa. HORNS. I know he has a 2009 SE5 red can am on the showromm floor. Nice to deal with.

Thanks - we've had my red SE5 since last September.
Just had the 1st maintenance visit (a bit past due - 860 miles or so)