PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where this picture was taken?

safecracker
08-25-2021, 06:22 AM
Here is a picture that was taken this past Saturday in Maine. Anyone know where this is? Bruce

gorcutt
08-25-2021, 07:15 AM
Bruce I'm Guessing Moosehead Lake. Gary

safecracker
08-25-2021, 07:26 AM
Yes, Gary you are correct. At the Rockwood Landing

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-25-2021, 11:08 AM
I want to know how you folks brought all those " Adirondack " chairs with you ?????? ..... I have Sno-mobiled in that area ( at -35 F ) ....it was great ....Mike :thumbup:

safecracker
08-25-2021, 04:05 PM
Mike, UPS is a wonderful thing... They were already there. Bruce

Papa103
08-25-2021, 04:31 PM
I know where that is. I think I had my picture taken there before.

Arion
08-25-2021, 07:27 PM
Correct to those who said the Kineo (Rockwood) dock in Rockwood, ME. The view is looking toward Mount Kineo a short distance across the lake. The dock is about 3/4 of a mile from our summer home just south in Barrow's Cove. Rockwood is usually a wonderfully quiet place except this summer the dock has been as crowded almost every day is it usually is only on 4th of July weekend.

And Mike, the chairs are permanent fixtures so our tourist can sit and enjoy the view.

Peter Aawen
08-25-2021, 09:32 PM
I want to know how you folks brought all those " Adirondack " chairs with you ?????? >.....< ....Mike :thumbup:

That's easy Mike, you just put them on your Spyder's seat! :ohyea: . Load them up facing forwards of course, with the legs straddling the seat; then climb on up! :thumbup:

Much better view of the road ahead, even if the seat's a tad harder'n the Spyder's plush offering; the bars might be a wee bit harder to reach; & the wind up there can be a bit savage; but it's all worth it once you get to a place like Rockwood Landing on Moosehead Bay where you can just lift the seat off, pick a good spot to savour the view, park the Adirondack in a suitable spot, then settle in to enjoy! :yes: . :clap:

There again, you could go with the far less entertaining version Arion & safecracker prefer, but for my 2 bob's worth... just not buyin' it! :p . :rolleyes:

:roflblack: . :joke: . :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-25-2021, 11:47 PM
That's easy Mike, you just put them on your Spyder's seat! :ohyea: . Load them up facing forwards of course, with the legs straddling the seat; then climb on up! :thumbup:

Much better view of the road ahead, even if the seat's a tad harder'n the Spyder's plush offering; the bars might be a wee bit harder to reach; & the wind up there can be a bit savage; but it's all worth it once you get to a place like Rockwood Landing on Moosehead Bay where you can just lift the seat off, pick a good spot to savour the view, park the Adirondack in a suitable spot, then settle in to enjoy! :yes: . :clap:

There again, you could go with the far less entertaining version Arion & safecracker prefer, but for my 2 bob's worth... just not buyin' it! :p . :rolleyes:

:roflblack: . :joke: . :roflblack:

I can't believe anyone took my post as a serious question !!!! ...................Mike :thumbup: