PDA

View Full Version : Can you easily see light thru the radiator fins - 2014RTL ?

teninospyder
08-21-2021, 12:30 PM
I just tried looking thru the radiator fins from the front (as I have done before) but this time I could not see light thru most of the "visible" fin area. :banghead:
Note: I do not have any indication that there is any heat problem, but I am curious if any others have noted this, and are OK with it. I just tried a gentle flush from front and back with a garden hose and got some things floating away, but there is still not much if any light visible.
Comments appreciated on others experience. :dontknow:
PS: I went back and read all the previous posts I could find, but still curious about "how to fix - if it is an issue".

JayBros
08-21-2021, 01:22 PM
IMO, flushing the radiators from front to back is wasted effort in that one is only forcing bug guts farther into the radiator, even if one has softened them up with a spray and let them sit. Gentle flushing from back to front, yes. The more important question IMO is do you have Spyderpops' KOTTS Grilles? If not, why not, because they are not expensive and work very well. Me, I don't worry about seeing light through the radiators because with an occasional cleaning with light rear to front flush and the KOTTS Grilles my Spyder has done very well for almost 74K miles. Yes, if I shine a flashlight at the radiators from the front I can see the light through the fins.