PDA

View Full Version : Our ride to the Great River Road

dpetrick
08-18-2021, 08:47 AM
https://youtu.be/2hV6o3wY6a4

We had a great trip to The Great River Road with Susanne Thorson - Preuss, William Preuss. Sunday the 15th we rode to Wabasha, MN. Met Sue and Bill. Ate dinner at Slippery's, in Wabasha. On the 16th, we rode MN Hwy 60, west to Zumbrota, MN, then up to Red Wing. Spent time exploring Red Wing. Had a great lunch in Red Wing. Then rode over to Wisconsin 35 and headed to La Crosse, WI. We stopped at the Maiden Rock Cidery and Winery. Stopped at various scenic overlooks along the river. No ride on The Great River Road, is complete without a stop at the Nelson Creamery, Nelson, WI. for ice cream. Usually we pick up cheese curds, but not enough room on the Spyder for a cooler. From Nelson we rode to LaCrosse, WI and spent the night. Had a great dinner, outside at Moxies, the restaurant at the Americinn. On Monday the 17th, we had breakfast at McDonald's. After breakfast, we said our goodbyes and Sue and Bill headed east, and we headed west on I90. The weather was perfect for all three days and out Spyder F3L performed perfectly. The video is time lapsed to condense the ride.

pegasus1300
08-18-2021, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the video and the write up of your trip. I gave always wanted to ride that road,maybe one day. I liked your map. I am looking foeward to seeing more of your ride photos.

ARtraveler
08-18-2021, 11:01 AM
Great ride. :firstplace:

canamjhb
08-18-2021, 12:45 PM
Never been to that part of the country but now I have! Very pretty. Thanks for the tour..... Jim

baxter
01-28-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Fall rode up to just north of ST. Louis from Kentucky and followed river up to about southern part of Minnesota. A couple of years ago was at the very beginning of the river at Lake Ithaca. About a year or so ago was at the southern tip of the river in Venice, LA. when road stopped.

JeffAZ
02-17-2023, 05:24 PM
I was in that beautiful area 2 years ago visiting a friend in the Mnpls area. I travel in a toy hauler motorhome, and at that time I had my Polaris Rzr side x side with me. I camped for the night at Maiden Rock Village Park, and started reading about this Great River Road. I really wanted to take my AZ road-licensed Rzr down that road, but the local LEO said it was not legal for that road in Wisconsin. Oh how I wished that I had brought my Ryker on that trip :banghead:
I learned my lesson, and on my big road trip last year to the East coast, I made sure my Ryker was tucked in the garage :2thumbs: