PDA

View Full Version : Rack for rear of 2021 RT Base model

Yawnsky24
08-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Hi all, new to the Spyder family, just purchased a 2021 RT Base model. I did not need the upper case or the extra cost of the Limited but I would like to have a rack for the rear deck. I have looked through the forum but have not seen a rack for the RT Base. I am not looking to carry anything heavy, just sometimes it is easier to throw something on a rack with bungees. Has anyone found one that would work and if so, can you share?

BTW, great bunch of information here and seems like everyone is super helpful!

TYIA

Texas Al
08-17-2021, 04:32 PM
The linq rack will work great, and you have a wide selection of items to put on the rack

Copperman
08-17-2021, 04:46 PM
Mounting a rack on the rear deck might not be feasible. That rack is not very thick and/or solid (take it off and you'll see what I mean). You're better off buying the Linq System. That's what it's made for.

Woodaddict
08-17-2021, 05:03 PM
here is a rear plate with top box install
https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?137751-Shad-top-box-install-on-2021-RT-base&highlight=shad

its also just for sale last week..............

Yawnsky24
08-17-2021, 05:39 PM
Thank you for the quick replies. I will look into the Linq system and going that route.

Appreciate the information.

SpyderGoldwingOwner
08-17-2021, 07:22 PM
My wife has the 2020 base. I bought the oem case The top case is not just a case but a case that locks on & off in 30 seconds, A running light, stop light, blinkers, rear seat back, double charger and two working speakers and mat included. All with one connection.

cptjam
08-17-2021, 11:59 PM
No blinkers in top case, but everything else!

beerandchips
08-18-2021, 09:30 AM
I am cheap. Very cheap. Also, critical about things I purchase. Of the MANY things that just blow my mind about the 2020 RT (things I hate), I absolutely LOVE the OEM rear case. I got the 2020 RT Base to save money. Then decided I wanted the extra storage. I had purchased the Shad top box but I was on back order for so long I cancelled and bought the OEM from BRP at the sale price last month. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. With the many features mentioned above, the main thing is the amount of added storage space it gives me. It is expensive, to be direct, overpriced. But, everything BRP or Spyder related is, and it is awesome!!! I recommend it over the rack.

My two cents (worth nothing)

Regards,
Steve