PDA

View Full Version : RT Passenger Arm Rests - who makes the best?

Lew L
08-12-2021, 06:37 PM

My wife wants arm rests.

Who makes the best ones???

Height adjustable would be nice also.
Lew L

CopperSpyder
08-12-2021, 06:55 PM
Tires, oil it's kind of like that, I would recommend the BRP arm rest, I tried the other type that swing out (Show Chrome Passenger Armrest Kit 41-159) but found that the BRP ones that fold up are better, seem to give better support.

Mikey
08-12-2021, 07:15 PM
I have Corbin's on my 2012, there all right, I would not do the cup holder option again!!The bride likes them!!!!

bcer960
08-13-2021, 09:40 AM
Hi Lew, hope your getting some riding in. Up here it's all dense smoke for the past 2 months. Anyway, my wife Tracey really likes the BRP ones I bought her a few years ago. They are not adjustable height, but because they don't swing outwards, she feels like she can't fall out. But if she doesn't want them, they flip up out of the way.

Ray

safecracker
08-13-2021, 11:55 AM
My wife likes the BRP arm rests. Bruce

Lew L
08-13-2021, 12:14 PM

Thanks Ray, Bruce and others. Appreciate your thoughts. I had some on my Valkyrie That would swing out sideways but we'll see what my wife really wants.

Ray---- how do you like the ECU flash?? I still am liking the extra power. Smokey and hot here also.

Lew L

Chasdog
08-13-2021, 01:03 PM
My girlfriend likes the brp armrests on our 2019 rt.

Motorcycledave
08-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Tires, oil it's kind of like that, I would recommend the BRP arm rest, I tried the other type that swing out (Show Chrome Passenger Armrest Kit 41-159) but found that the BRP ones that fold up are better, seem to give better support.

I second that

bikerbillone
08-14-2021, 06:41 AM

Fold ups are clearly the best for mount and dismount. With the 20 an 21 RTL I think the swing out is the only thing that will work. I find OEMs very mickey mouse, the swing out is so minimal that mount and dismount is difficult for the passenger. Thought has crossed my mind to see if I can tear into the stop mechanism and make the arm swing wider at least on the left side. Here's the thing, I know how it goes when I try to fix something that's OEM, it usually turns out badly.

LongIsland
08-14-2021, 09:47 AM
Our 2014 RT Ltd has the Rivco arm rests we purchased from Ultimate Seats as they matched the armrest material and color to the seat. My sweetheart likes them while I like the way they look.

bcer960
08-14-2021, 10:33 AM

Ray---- how do you like the ECU flash?? I still am liking the extra power. Smokey and hot here also.

Lew L
I guess I got used t it, that is until I swapped bikes with a friend, and realized how much power he doesn't have.

Lew L
08-14-2021, 03:32 PM
I guess I got used t it, that is until I swapped bikes with a friend, and realized how much power he doesn't have.

Glad your liking the "boost". Don't tell anyone how good it is----------------

TGoodman
10-05-2021, 02:05 PM
The BRP factory ones are extremely sturdy, takes 45 minutes to install. Wish someone would come up with a good cup holder for passenger (and driver) for the 2021