PDA

View Full Version : NJ EZPASS mounting

Motogordo
08-10-2021, 03:55 PM
August 10, 2021

I read on one of the forums that a few people are mounting their EZpass on the inside of the Frunk lid. I just did that and went across the Tacony Palmyra bridge and it worked perfectly. Now I don't have to remove it from the phone holder every time I park somewhere. Kudos to the forums.

Motogordo:yes:

tntnj
08-12-2021, 07:06 PM
I put my ezpass in my glove box The reason when I had it in my frunk some tolls did not read it ( NJTP)

ThreeWheels
08-13-2021, 08:15 AM
That's excellent. I hope that continues to work for you.
I initially had mine on the inner frunk lid also.
I was frustrated. Generally speaking, it worked but there were a couple of bridges that didn't read the transponder. Both the Newburg-Beacon bridge and the Bear Mountain bridge wouldn't read the transponder.
Now, I have the EZPass mounted on the inside of the windshield. It's encased in a black silicone covering so it doesn't look hideous.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZDJJPWH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

191762 Yes, I know I need to clean my garage........................

vito1943
08-13-2021, 08:34 AM
Here in IL we have the I-pass which works the same way as the EZ Pass. I just have it in a plastic bag in the frunk along with some other small items that I want to always have with me (tire gauge, Gorilla tape, small first aid kit, flashlight, etc.) and it seems to be working just fine, or at least I have yet to be notified by the Illinois Tollway folks that I owe them for unpaid tolls. I considered affixing it to the outside of the lower portion of the windscreen but I know if I do this I will not remember to remove it every time I am stopped for a bite to eat or other reason, and it surely will be stolen.

Charlottes Web
08-13-2021, 09:09 AM
I have one in the trunk and one in pouch on the dash. They both work fine for years.
Christine

RayBJ
08-13-2021, 12:53 PM
Mine is also stuck to the underside of the frunk lid. It works very well but even if it fails on occasion, the license plate is registered so I still get hit with the toll.

LongIsland
08-14-2021, 10:10 AM
For 12 years I have it mounted on the LH upper air deflector (just below the windshield). I only take it off when washing or trailering. Have not had a problem to date.

SpyderGoldwingOwner
08-15-2021, 07:14 PM
I have the transponder on the inside of the frunk for my wifes RT

vito1943
08-17-2021, 10:00 AM
I have one in the trunk and one in pouch on the dash. They both work fine for years.
Christine

You use 2 passes? Don't you get charged twice at every toll?

DrSteve
08-17-2021, 03:04 PM
Hey Motogordo. Fellow South Jersey rider here. Have a 2021RT Limited. Put mine in the tour pack in the back and it reads all the time.