PDA

View Full Version : RT Delivery Date Clarifications

Lamonster
09-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Since September 1st, 2009 and until December 5th, 2009 a consumer may pre-order a new, 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or 2010 Spyder RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition with a $1,000 deposit. The authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer then generates a "pre-sale certificate" with BRP. Note: The certificate number has nothing to do with the vehicle's VIN.

· By pre-ordering a RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or a RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition, the consumer will receive the following and exclusive Premiere Edition benefits: An embroidered and numbered "Premiere Edition" seat and a 8GB iPod Nano engraved with "Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition" and pre-loaded with Spyder RT images and videos. This is the new iPod Nano with built-in video camera and FM Radio with "pause" feature. The iPod will be shipped with the Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition. We will be building 1,500 Spyder RT Premiere Editions.

· In November, we are scheduled to begin shipping each authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer a 2010 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black for demo purposes. This unit is to be used by the dealer for showroom and demo purposes only. This is NOT a Premiere Edition, the seat is not stitched and does not include an iPod. We learnt our lesson on this one in 2007!

· In December, we are scheduled to begin shipping the 1,500 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black Premiere Editions. The 1,500 Premiere Editions should be shipped from December through February.

· Pre-orders are coming in regularly and there are still units available within the 1,500 Premiere Edition build.

bjt
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
In December, we are scheduled to begin shipping the 1,500 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black Premiere Editions. The 1,500 Premiere Editions should be shipped from November through February.

First sentence says December shipping, the second sentence says November shipping. :dontknow:

Lamonster
09-17-2009, 07:38 AM
First sentence says December shipping, the second sentence says November shipping. :dontknow:
That was a typo. It's fixed now.

Derwin
09-17-2009, 08:15 AM
What if a person wants to order a Blue RT? I understand that the "Premiere Edition" is only available in black, but do you know the delivery dates for the other colors?

Derwin

Roaddog2
09-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Since September 1st, 2009 and until December 5th, 2009 a consumer may pre-order a new, 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or 2010 Spyder RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition with a $1,000 deposit. The authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer then generates a "pre-sale certificate" with BRP. Note: The certificate number has nothing to do with the vehicle's VIN.

· By pre-ordering a RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or a RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition, the consumer will receive the following and exclusive Premiere Edition benefits: An embroidered and numbered "Premiere Edition" seat and a 8GB iPod Nano engraved with "Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition" and pre-loaded with Spyder RT images and videos. This is the new iPod Nano with built-in video camera and FM Radio with "pause" feature. The iPod will be shipped with the Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition. We will be building 1,500 Spyder RT Premiere Editions.

· In November, we are scheduled to begin shipping each authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer a 2010 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black for demo purposes. This unit is to be used by the dealer for showroom and demo purposes only. This is NOT a Premiere Edition, the seat is not stitched and does not include an iPod. We learnt our lesson on this one in 2007!

· In December, we are scheduled to begin shipping the 1,500 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black Premiere Editions. The 1,500 Premiere Editions should be shipped from December through February.

· Pre-orders are coming in regularly and there are still units available within the 1,500 Premiere Edition build.:popcorn:will sit out the roll out on this one :popcorn:PE Owner 3344 :gaah:

Derwin
09-17-2009, 10:25 AM
So, does anybody have a clue about the RT delivery date for the first units? I'm not talking about the PE's, but only the rest of the RT's.

Derwin

wolfshead1
09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I heard December,I heard February.I want one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derwin
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I heard December,I heard February.I want one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought December and February were dates given for the RT Premiere Edition. But I was wondering when the "normal" RT's will be available at the dealers.

Derwin

MarkLawson
09-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Lamont, Will the Premier SE leather jacket be included?

Questions
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM
If I knew that I could get an RT-S Premiere before February 1st...I'd be writing the deposit check today.

After speaking with two Dealers, they are stating delivery between February (at the absolute earliest) and April.

NancysToy
09-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Lamont, Will the Premier SE leather jacket be included?
The leather jacket is given with the Premier Edition trailer, according to my dealer, along with a spare tire.

MarkLawson
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
The leather jacket is given with the Premier Edition trailer, according to my dealer, along with a spare tire.

Oooohhhh... No matter, I'd order the trailer too.

Thanks,

Derwin
09-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Mark, I like the logo in your avatar. It's a very clever way to display the Christian symbol.

I love it! :thumbup:

I actually use the symbol whenever I sign my name, and have been doing it for the past 30 years since I was in High School.

Derwin

Lamonster
09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
http://spyder.brp.com/en-CA/Promotions/Promotion-RT.htm

Questions
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
http://spyder.brp.com/en-CA/Promotions/Promotion-RT.htm

Thanks for the link, but that's just a form to have a Dealer contact an interested potential customer...no delivery date information there.

Lamonster
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the link, but that's just a form to have a Dealer contact an interested potential customer...no delivery date information there.
I sent you a PM.

Roaddog2
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Mark, I like the logo in your avatar. It's a very clever way to display the Christian symbol.

I actually use the symbol whenever I sign my name, and have been doing it for the past 30 years since I was in High School.

DerwinMY Grandmother did that X :thumbup:

Lamonster
09-17-2009, 06:27 PM
I thought December and February were dates given for the RT Premiere Edition. But I was wondering when the "normal" RT's will be available at the dealers.

Derwin
From what I understand the first 1500 PE's will finish shipping in Feb. then the color units will be produced and start shipping after that.

Rando
09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
The leather jacket is given with the Premier Edition trailer, according to my dealer, along with a spare tire.What size leather jacket are you getting?:congrats:

NancysToy
09-17-2009, 07:54 PM
What size leather jacket are you getting?:congrats:
You guys are trying to be a bad influence on me. :lecturef_smilie: I am still resisting temptation.

Roaddog2
09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
You guys are trying to be a bad influence on me. :lecturef_smilie: I am still resisting temptation.I'm like Switzerland on this 1 :2thumbs: But a Medium or a Large in case you don't want it will do :ani29:

Roaddog2
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
I could come and get it next Memorial Day :ani29:

MarkLawson
09-18-2009, 09:52 AM

Derwin

I can't take credit for that logo. I found it online @ www.ICACYCLE.com (http://www.ICACYCLE.com) They sell shirts, hats, etc with this simple logo on it. I asked & they gave me permission to use it as my avatar. Give them a look.

BumbleBee
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I was just told, that the color RT's would not be shipped out to dealers till May!:popcorn:

BLACK WIDOW
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I was just told, that the color RT's would not be shipped out to dealers till May!:popcorn:

That would be just about time to start looking for the 2011 models.nojoke

Derwin
09-18-2009, 12:49 PM

Well, that would be fine with me, since I would be waiting for the weather to clear here in Chicago anyway.

But are you SURE that May is the expected delivery date on these things?

Derwin

bjt
09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
What size leather jacket are you getting?:congrats:

You guys are trying to be a bad influence on me. :lecturef_smilie: I am still resisting temptation.

:clap: :clap:

BumbleBee
09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, that would be fine with me, since I would be waiting for the weather to clear here in Chicago anyway.

But are you SURE that May is the expected delivery date on these things?

Derwin
That's what I was told from the Dealer today.

BumbleBee
09-18-2009, 06:00 PM

I am not resisting temptation.
Not sure if I want to go with the RT or RT-S :dontknow:

NancysToy
09-18-2009, 06:45 PM
I am not resisting temptation.
Not sure if I want to go with the RT or RT-S :dontknow:
By the time I priced out the options I wanted on the RT, the cost was very close to the quote I got on a PE RT-S.

Roaddog2
09-18-2009, 06:50 PM
That would be just about time to start looking for the 2011 models.nojoke:agree:

Questions
09-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Here's a Shout-Out to Lamonster!

Thanks for providing the straight forward info on this topic. It seems that you're way ahead of some of the Dealers out there and your timely info is greatly appreciated!