PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the Outrush motorcycle Helmet & its Sena Comms?

seaweed
08-05-2021, 05:19 PM
This is post is mostly for Dave at https://www.motorcycledave.com/ but anyone with information is welcome to join in.
I have been looking at the Outrush helmet with the built in Sena comm. But I am finding conflicting information on the Outrush and the newer Outrush R.

The main difference that I can determine is the old version is Bluetooth 3.0 technology while the new R version is Bluetooth 5.0 technology. The working distance for the old version is (1/2 mile) in open terrain. There is confliction information on the working distance for the R version. I have read (0.56 miles) in open terrain and 0.5 miles in open terrain. I know that is not much of a difference. The talk time is 12 Hours for the R version but up to 15 Hours for the old version. The new R version is about $259 while old version is about $199. One thing that I noticed is the external control is different. The new one looks similar to the normal control for comm systems while the previous version had an round dial that uses a jogging function of some sort. I wonder if they are dropping it due to problems!

I have not seen the new version in stores yet. It may be a Christmas gift because due to the virus it is delayed until perhaps November.

Should I wait for the new R version or get the older version??

JayBros
08-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Why don't you just call Dave. He's very eager to speak to customers and can give you all the information you need.

skip
08-05-2021, 07:05 PM
i just picked up the outrush r a double of days ago, have not tried it yet, i have a problem with sena saying the helmet is ECE CERT, i have been in contact the sena, but getting the runaround , it has no ECE CERT, sticker on helmet

seaweed
08-06-2021, 06:11 PM
I will call Dave but wanted some user input. Thanks Skip, for your feedback. Hoping that I will get more. I said that I have not seen the new version in stores yet, but that is in this area.