PDA

View Full Version : Instrument panel dimming 2017RTL

jkoons
08-01-2021, 07:20 AM
Can the instrument panel lites be forced to stay on the low lite mode?

Navydad
08-01-2021, 09:45 AM
Several on here have asked that question and some of us have tried to come up with a solution including me. I haven't seen where anyone has been successful yet, but I'm onboard if anyone does find a solution.

JayBros
08-01-2021, 10:28 AM
I have read about folks who have put a piece of black tape over the display where the sensor is. I have no idea where it is nor how successful the attempt was.

ARtraveler
08-01-2021, 01:47 PM
I have read about folks who have put a piece of black tape over the display where the sensor is. I have no idea where it is nor how successful the attempt was.

It does work, but I don't remember where the sensor is on the panel. Five minutes work and you should be able to find it.

Navydad
08-01-2021, 04:37 PM
It does work, but I don't remember where the sensor is on the panel. Five minutes work and you should be able to find it.

Worked OK on a less than sunny day, but when the day was bright it didn't work for me. I know where the sensor is on my 2015 RT and I have had the plastic cover off of the gauge panel. I've given some thought to removing the plastic and installing something directly over the sensor. Just haven't done it yet.

ARtraveler
08-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Worked OK on a less than sunny day, but when the day was bright it didn't work for me. I know where the sensor is on my 2015 RT and I have had the plastic cover off of the gauge panel. I've given some thought to removing the plastic and installing something directly over the sensor. Just haven't done it yet.

thumbnail or slightly less size piece of black electrical tape.

jkoons
08-04-2021, 06:40 AM
So what am I looking for to cover with tape? Thanks

ARtraveler
08-04-2021, 09:40 AM
So what am I looking for to cover with tape? Thanks

Somewhere in the display is a sensor that picks up when it gets dark. Cover it, and you will have the "night" display all the time. Somewhere here, someone knows the exact location. Would you help us? :bowdown:

jkoons
08-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Seems to be upper part of the tack but dogged if I can see it.