PDA

View Full Version : BRP call

smokster
09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Got a call from BRP regarding the sputtering and backfires from the update. They acknowledge this problem and said an update is coming in the very near future to our dealers to make things right. Nice guy who wanted to make things right. He got my name from Lamonsters list...Thanks Lamont:2thumbs:

jedd
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Top notch thanks for update :thumbup:

dabreitbach
09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I got the call to. Carlo was very nice and said the update will be out soon.:2thumbs:

BRPjunkie
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
I got the call to. Carlo was very nice and said the update will be out soon.:2thumbs:

For those of us holding off on the recall waiting for the fix, it's been about a month now that we have been told the fix is on the way. Like everything else BRP, it takes longer than they initially think which frustrates owners and dealers.

stgilmer
09-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Got my call today from Mr. Carlo. Well even if it does take longer than he said, I don't know about everyone else but it actually made me feel alittle better just getting the call. Knowing that they are aware and wanted to take the time to let me know that. Thanks to Lamont :2thumbs:....I have faith they'll get it right...

Furthermore, he said no need in going with anything higher than 87 octane, just ride it, jerks and all till they correct it.

watchman
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
That Is what I have been waiting to hear.

bone crusher
09-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Can anyone answer why most of the bikes work just fine and some don't work well after the update? It's very odd as we all have the same bike....I don't think there's a correlation with mods as many with no mods are having issues...

I wonder if BRP can explain how 60% work fine and 40% do not when we are all riding the same thing!
:hun:

ataDude
09-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Can anyone answer why most of the bikes work just fine and some don't work well after the update? It's very odd as we all have the same bike....I don't think there's a correlation with mods as many with no mods are having issues...

I wonder if BRP can explain how 60% work fine and 40% do not when we are all riding the same thing!
:hun:

Tolerances. Let's say there are 25 things that make the Roadster run right. You have a few within tolerance but at the fringe.

The update moved something (purge timing?) outside of the tolerance range.

Tom in NM
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Tolerances. Let's say there are 25 things that make the Roadster run right. You have a few within tolerance but at the fringe.

The update moved something (purge timing?) outside of the tolerance range.

:agree:
Probably a few "somethings" got moved out of range - and some components were operating at the edge of spec.

Plus, there seemed to cases where the installs were not done "properly".

My guesses for variations in "stock" Spyders and similarly modified Spyders.

Tom

BLACK WIDOW
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Got a call from BRP regarding the sputtering and backfires from the update. They acknowledge this problem and said an update is coming in the very near future to our dealers to make things right. Nice guy who wanted to make things right. He got my name from Lamonsters list...Thanks Lamont:2thumbs:
Personally I want to know what the update to the update is supposed to do, i.e. what parameters are affected and how and what affect there will be on Spyders that seem to run fine now.:f_spider:

Michael:doorag:

stgilmer
09-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Personally I want to know what the update to the update is supposed to do, i.e. what parameters are affected and how and what affect there will be on Spyders that seem to run fine now.:f_spider:

Michael:doorag:

See, with that last part of your question, I ask Carlo how I would be notified that a fix is ready. He responded that no cards will be sent to owners(since it's not a recall). We would just have to keep a lookout on BRP site. Therefore if you weren't having any problems you would not need it. He also said as WELL as word travels on SpyderLovers, we would know in probably minutes. I'm glad to be a part of "THE" top Spyder site.

bone crusher
09-18-2009, 03:30 PM
See, with that last part of your question, I ask Carlo how I would be notified that a fix is ready. He responded that no cards will be sent to owners(since it's not a recall). We would just have to keep a lookout on BRP site. Therefore if you weren't having any problems you would not need it. He also said as WELL as word travels on SpyderLovers, we would know in probably minutes. I'm glad to be a part of "THE" top Spyder site.

that's nice but really unacceptable...what about the majority of Spyder owners who are not here? They will get left out because they haven't joined a non-BRP website? BRP should send out cards to everyone informing them that a new 'patch' has been created for those who had issues with the first update.

Totally pathetic to expect people to look for a solution to a problem BRP created all on their own...total lack of customer service...I am one who will always give BRP the benefit of the doubt, but this is really bad. They need to contact all owners to be sure everyone has been contacted...spyderlovers.com is great for us, but there are still thousands out there who are not members here nor will ever stop by...BRP needs to do more...they cannot put the burden of their problems on the owners who might not know what to do...or if anything can be done at all!

spyryder
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
that's nice but really unacceptable...what about the majority of Spyder owners who are not here? They will get left out because they haven't joined a non-BRP website? BRP should send out cards to everyone informing them that a new 'patch' has been created for those who had issues with the first update.

Totally pathetic to expect people to look for a solution to a problem BRP created all on their own...total lack of customer service...I am one who will always give BRP the benefit of the doubt, but this is really bad. They need to contact all owners to be sure everyone has been contacted...spyderlovers.com is great for us, but there are still thousands out there who are not members here nor will ever stop by...BRP needs to do more...they cannot put the burden of their problems on the owners who might not know what to do...or if anything can be done at all!
I'd think that anyone with driveability problems would be in contact with their dealer to begin with. If you had a problem, wouldn't that be the first place you'd go to if you didn't participate in a forum?:dontknow:

stgilmer
09-18-2009, 03:44 PM

Well said, I know there are alot of Ryders that have never seen this site. But surely they can access BRP site, or atleast call BRP. They are riding a nearly $20,000 vehicle, surely they would have a computer or phone. We are just privileged to be part of this community. Hopefully every SpyderRyder you come in contact with you are informing them of this site. But I have to agree, Recall or Not there should be atleast a mail out to owners.

DynamoBT
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM

I've not been one to badmouth BRP up till this. I love the Spyder. I wouldn't be riding if it were not that this machine exists. But BRP should not assume all ryders visit certain sites let alone that they even have computers. Believe it or not, I know some people who don't even have e-mail. So these people exist.

BRP owes it to those customers who are having the problem of their Spyders running rough since the patch to inform them in a manner that does not assume an action on their part. That's it. The end. There should be no exceptions or qualificatiions to the fact that BRP needs to contact all owners that an update exists.

fred
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
got my call from Carlos... i will not repeat what we all, already know .. just wanted to say he called me too... and asked for my patience... possibly another week or two and report in with my dealer.

on a positive note... he said this was in response to the efforts by Lamont
to get the word back to BRP; it's working !.. although i guess he had forgotten that we had spoken on numerous occasions since this started... anyway he has been speaking with alot of folks... whichever screwdriver works in my books..gotta have lots of tools in the bag.

thank you Lamont ! ... much appreciated

got my invitation and going to see the RT tonight

:2thumbs: