PDA

View Full Version : It Does Get Brrr Down Here

Mike H
07-30-2021, 08:27 PM
I thought I’d share some of our cold weather riding down here in Australia. It doesn’t get as cold as the US and what you guys endure, but it is still ‘brrr’ all the same.

Hope you are all safe

🎥 https://youtu.be/qQi4cOTFXRQ

bigbadbrucie
07-30-2021, 10:57 PM
I just gotta ask..... hw brrrr is it? Up here in Canada we hit a high of 39°C today. Tomorrow’s supposed to be a weee bit cooler at 35°.... have to wait and see if they’re right! (they lie a lot).

pegasus1300
07-30-2021, 11:13 PM
Very nice, I liked the cookie.

Peter Aawen
07-30-2021, 11:37 PM
I just gotta ask..... hw brrrr is it? Up here in Canada we hit a high of 39°C today. Tomorrow’s supposed to be a weee bit cooler at 35°.... have to wait and see if they’re right! (they lie a lot).

We have had some pretty cold weather of late - at least for us Ozzies! :p

Our National Capital (Can(t)berra :rolleyes: ) dropped to -6.3°C back on the night of 31 May; and so far this winter, the coldest night in Oz has been about -10°C & the coldest daytime temp was a balmy -4°C.... :thumbup:

But then there's also the wind chill to factor in, and some places in Oz, particularly in the Southern areas, get some fairly strong & bloody cold winds blowing straight outta the Antarctic freezer over the almost as frigid Southern Ocean - and there's basically NOTHING ELSE between us & the South Pole!! So once the winds start blowing a bit (& for some areas, they DO blow more'n just 'a bit', particularly of late/this time of year) the wind chill can drag the 'feels like' temps well down into the double digits below zero! :shocked:

Makes Ryding juuust a little bit challenging, what with needing to dodge all the brass balls scattered across the roads! :rolleyes:

bigbadbrucie
07-31-2021, 12:02 AM
I hear you, Peter. Where I live, during the winter we get down to around +4° C and for maybe 2 to 5 times maybe -1 or -2°, but that’s about it. Our high temps don’t usually get this high...normally around 25° to 30°. That’s here on the west coast of British Columbia. Where I spent my working life, Northern B.C. summer time temps were about 25° C but winter was cold.....no riding whatsoever. Too much snow and temps dipped as low as -40° C. Average winter temps were about -20° C.

RICZ
07-31-2021, 12:11 AM
That video put a big smile on my face. Thanks.

Mike H
07-31-2021, 03:50 AM
Wow...that's hot. It doesn't get Canada cold here. But that day in the video was about 9'C, wind chill made it a lot cooler �� (

Mike H
07-31-2021, 03:52 AM
Very nice, I liked the cookie.

Us too ��

Mike H
07-31-2021, 08:05 AM
Pleased you watched it. Cheers
That video put a big smile on my face. Thanks.

troop
07-31-2021, 08:38 AM
-4*/-10*C is colder than most Americans will ride in. I don't see a point in riding in under 35*F. Enjoy ...

pauly1
07-31-2021, 08:57 AM
Great video (as usual)!

ARtraveler
07-31-2021, 01:19 PM
A great video. Beautiful scenery to admire. :yes:

We have "watch out for falling rocks" signs, but never saw one warning of pine cones. The trees look pretty big so I am guessing they are baseball size. That would put a nice dent in something. :bowdown:

Motorcycledave
07-31-2021, 02:08 PM
I thought I’d share some of our cold weather riding down here in Australia. It doesn’t get as cold as the US and what you guys endure, but it is still ‘brrr’ all the same.

Hope you are all safe

🎥 https://youtu.be/qQi4cOTFXRQ

This will keep your buns warm when it's cold there, I have sent several
of them there, people love them. only $89.00 US
I take PayPal ---motorcycledave.com
they are easy to install.
Ride Safe
Dave

Mike H
08-01-2021, 07:56 AM
Thanks mate ��

Great video (as usual)!

Mike H
08-01-2021, 08:00 AM
We have the rock signs as well, but to make it interesting we have pine cones to dodge...they are quite large...more softball size...ouch 👍

A great video. Beautiful scenery to admire. :yes:

We have "watch out for falling rocks" signs, but never saw one warning of pine cones. The trees look pretty big so I am guessing they are baseball size. That would put a nice dent in something. :bowdown:

SpyderGoldwingOwner
08-01-2021, 09:18 AM
98 in Houston TX today.
Feels like 107