PDA

View Full Version : Show Chrome Handlebar Riser - will the bolts be long enough for GPS?

motoguzziman
07-29-2021, 03:52 PM
Thinking about adding the Show Chrome handlebar riser. I also have a Zumo XT with center mount that I purchased from Lamonster. Will the bolts that are provided with the Show Chrome be long enough to also mount my Zumo XT or will I have to find longer bolts somewhere? The other option would be the Lamonster riser but it is not as customizable as the Show Chrome version. Appreciate any comments from the people that have installed the Show Chrome or Lamonter riser.

RICZ
07-29-2021, 03:56 PM
Photos or a link would be helpful. I have the Lamonster one. It's very nicely made, stout and matched the finish of the adjacent parts.

motoguzziman
07-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Photos or a link would be helpful. I have the Lamonster one. It's very nicely made, stout and matched the finish of the adjacent parts.

Here is the link
https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-am-spyder-handle-bar-riser-rt-2020-f3-models/

RICZ
07-29-2021, 04:11 PM
The difference from the Lamonster one I see are the two spacer plates, a hole that's left empty and a mismatched finish. I think either will provide the same result. My suggestion would be to get the Lamonster one and if more height is needed, you can easily rotate the bars up - they are not at a fixed position. Or make your own spacer.

Peteoz
07-29-2021, 04:29 PM
MotoGuzzi, I got the Lamonster adjustable riser for my 20 RT (it is not adjustable like the CanAm one, but has spacer plates to vary the height).
One of the purchase options, for a small price, is a pair of longer bolts for those with a Garmin, which I have. Yes, I had to use them, but then I didn’t find the handlebar position comfortable so I bought Helibars, which did away with the riser.

Pete

motoguzziman
07-29-2021, 04:47 PM
MotoGuzzi, I got the Lamonster adjustable riser for my 20 RT (it is not adjustable like the CanAm one, but has spacer plates to vary the height).
One of the purchase options, for a small price, is a pair of longer bolts for those with a Garmin, which I have. Yes, I had to use them, but then I didn’t find the handlebar position comfortable so I bought Helibars, which did away with the riser.

Pete

If you still have the risers, I would be interested in buying them. I am about the opposite of you.. Only 5-7" , 28 inch inseam, and 210. Tried the short reach bars and then put me too far back. Another option is adjustable bars or Helibars but not crazy about spending that many $$$.

Peteoz
07-29-2021, 06:12 PM
If you still have the risers, I would be interested in buying them. I am about the opposite of you.. Only 5-7" , 28 inch inseam, and 210. Tried the short reach bars and then put me too far back. Another option is adjustable bars or Helibars but not crazy about spending that many $$$.

Sorry MotoGuzzi, I gave them to a mate…..plus, the ship cost from Australia would cost more than the risers :thumbup: .

If you can in any way afford it, I can not recommend the Helibars highly enough. The ability to rotate the bars themselves, then move the grips closer or further away, then angle the grips so that they fit your wrist angle, then rotate the controls to be exactly where they fall to hand is sublime. I thought my Lamonster Billy Club bars were a great fit for me. The Helibars are waaaaay better. ………yes, they are expensive, but to me they are worth every penny:2thumbs:.

Pete

Jcummins
07-29-2021, 06:22 PM
I have the lamonster Riser and it has altered my bike riding position vey nicely. I like it. I also got the two extended bolts for a ram mount.