PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found an A/mkt Replacement CB Antenna?

meyers54
07-26-2021, 07:25 PM
My CB antenna broke after strong wind tore off cover. Without buying xtra parts I don't need has anyone found a replacement CB antenna that will screw onto existing mount? I only need the antenna not a mount, grounding strap, ctc. Why does BMP not sell just the screw on antenna?

pegasus1300
07-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Take the bottom of your broken mast to a large well stocked Truck stop such as Love's and try and match bases. Or go to a radio shop (short wave/ CB) if you have one in your area and see what you can find. Also remember you will have to tune the new antenna to your radio,so you will need to find someone with an SWR meter,probably at the same shop. Good luck.

Steve W.
07-27-2021, 11:56 AM
If you can't find one at your local truck stop, check Sierra Electronics. https://www.sierra-mc.com/

I installed one of their mounting blocks and antenna on my wife's RT-S last year. The antenna appears to be a standard one that you would find at a truck stop, but it is thinner, which would be less wind drag.

We are fortunate that they are only about half an hour from us, but they ship everywhere. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Walmart carried them. Around $10.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-27-2021, 03:51 PM
When I changed my CB antenna I drilled and tapped the mount block for the new antenna. Not a difficult thing to do.

pegasus1300
07-27-2021, 03:56 PM
Steve is right about Sierra Electronics. They are very helpful and very knowledgeable. I have dealt with them any times in the Yamaha Venture days.

remus
07-29-2021, 08:56 AM
As far as tuning your antenna you could try the local ham radio club. Someone in the club will have an swr meter.