PDA

View Full Version : A not so glowing report.............

NautiBrit
09-16-2009, 10:55 AM
from a professional reviewer. Seems that he prefers the RS for handling and finds the RT underpowered.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/brp/fr/2010_brp_can-am_spyder_rt_review.htm

Dochands
09-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Not unexpected given the increased weight of the bike and the extra storage capacity. Clearly, BRP needs to address this someday or clearly BRP wants everyone to keep buying next years model. lol

Bersquack
09-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't think this review was THAT negative. The author still had good words about the spyder.

retread
09-16-2009, 11:23 AM
In another thread, I stated I'd like to see a comparo between trikes, not the apples to oranges we get with the Spyder to 2 wheelers. I haven't had a conversion trike keep up yet in curves, but we don't hear about their instability.

john

BLACK WIDOW
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
from a professional reviewer. Seems that he prefers the RS for handling and finds the RT underpowered.

Not surprising; The laws of physics are pretty well proven. I think performance and handling aside, the RT is a heck of a machine for the $$;
if you are just wanting to get you around. Personally I like the way the GS/RS performes and that is why it is fun to ride. I would not personally invest (and loose my A$$) in trading at this point as the RT is today. I might change my mind when the Engine and drive train changes start coming out and sell the Spyder and the Wing and just have one machine that will do it all.nojoke

Michael:doorag:

NautiBrit
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
In another thread, I stated I'd like to see a comparo between trikes, not the apples to oranges we get with the Spyder to 2 wheelers. I haven't had a conversion trike keep up yet in curves, but we don't hear about their instability.

john

Good point. All the reviews that I've seen on the Spyder compare it to 2-wheelers and miss the point of the Spyder concept. It will take time, but BRP are making remarkable inroads into the powersports market.

Roaddog2
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Not surprising; The laws of physics are pretty well proven. I think performance and handling aside, the RT is a heck of a machine for the $$;
if you are just wanting to get you around. Personally I like the way the GS/RS performes and that is why it is fun to ride. I would not personally invest (and loose my A$$) in trading at this point as the RT is today. I might change my mind when the Engine and drive train changes start coming out and sell the Spyder and the Wing and just have one machine that will do it all.nojoke

Michael:doorag: :agree:I figure about 3 years :doorag:

Smylinacha
09-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Well they didn't exactly rave about it but it seemed like an honest report. I think bigger engines and more gears will be in the Spyder's future.

Dragonrider
09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
While I love my Spyder, it will never replace my K1200LT for touring.

Around town, it's always the Spyder - for a 500 mile day, it's the Beemer...

Texan
09-17-2009, 10:58 AM
From the pictures I have seen the RT luggage looks a lot like the BMW K bikes. Part of me wishes they had this out earlier before I bought mine but another part is just as glad I bought it when I did.

I added a radio, grip warmers,a GIVI tail trunk, and currently small Bates bags. I just received some KG bags whose angles I think better match the Sypder that I will put on once I get them cleaned up, so other than the electrc adjustable windscreen, I am set up fairly similarly for a lot less money and with more get up and go.

That being said, I still want to give it a ride when it comes out. But I am with the others, a more powerful engine will probably be needed to really compete with the established touring machines.