PDA

View Full Version : got a call from brp today!

baxter2215
09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
first i want to say thank you to lamonster for his continuing service to all of the spyder ryders !!

i received a call from carlo from brp this afternoon. he told me that brp is aware of the issues with some concerning the update and is working on a new release update that will be out within the next week or two! he also stated to me that there were some fine tuning adjustments included with the steering recall update that have caused the problems on a certain number of spyders.

the only mod that my wife and i have done is by adding a hindle. carlo told me that the hindle is not the problem and should not have any affect on the way the spyder runs. the hindle itself may make the issues more prominent than the stock pipe but wont affect the new update. he also says that not all of the dealers have this information but they would be advised within the next few days.

his advise for anyone having issues following the update is to call the brp service # and report it so a file can be started with your claim. have your spyder vin number handy and your closest spyders dealers phone # and address so that they can contact them.

again thank you to lamonster for keeping us all informed. hopefully in the next couple weeks the wife and i can get our spyder back to normal.

2spyders
09-15-2009, 10:06 PM
I will definitely keep this info in case the little quirks I experienced today turn out to be bigger issues.
Thanks for sharing!

nudle
09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
:dontknow: what is the BRP service #?

bigdog69
09-16-2009, 05:44 AM
my two spyders have been in the shop for over a week now. i am picking them up today and they are still not fixed. i called brp about the update they said to have the bike shop to call them. i called the shop back and he said brp is not sure what they are going to do if anything about the problem .... i have been hearing about a update to the update over a month now. now my shop is telling me they my not be a update. :(:cus: brp told me to bring them to the shop to get fixed i did and no fix:cus::(

bigdog69
09-16-2009, 05:52 AM
the dealer said they may not be a update. my 2 spyders have been in the shop for over a week they can't fix them. he said brp said they may not do anything about what they f**ked up.:cus::mad:

baxter2215
09-16-2009, 06:36 AM
(888) 864-2002 is the number i called to make brp aware of my issues.

from this "file" they said the would start for me and by responding to lamonsters "maybe i can help" thread i was contacted by carlo from brp.

i have been as frustrated as many others seem to be and i hope that what was said to me yesterday is for real......we'll just wait and see :pray:

NancysToy
09-16-2009, 07:23 AM
My experience with Carlo is that he does not promise anything he can't deliver. If he says a revision to the update is coming, I'm sure it is. I am also sure they don't want to rush into this like they did with the first update, and have another batch of problems. We need to be patient while they thoroughly test the new fix before they make it public.

bigdog69
09-16-2009, 07:33 AM
My experience with Carlo is that he does not promise anything he can't deliver. If he says a revision to the update is coming, I'm sure it is. I am also sure they don't want to rush into this like they did with the first update, and have another batch of problems. We need to be patient while they thoroughly test the new fix before they make it public.
i have called i don't know how many times never talked to carlo or anybody else that knows anything, at brp they said bring it to your dealer so i did. they can't fix it until brp send out a new update. i had this problem for over a month how long do we have to wait???? :( i have heard next week evertime time i call, or i don't know.:mad:

Dudley
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Temporary fix...plug the purge valve with a bolt like Lamont did. I did that and the engine runs as smooth as most 4 cylinders. Try it, you may like it. Regardless, I was never let down by the Spyder, once I got over the surging, etc. I just ran it.

nudle
09-16-2009, 10:50 AM
:2thumbs: I phoned BRP service gave them the info on my :f_spider: and got a case # that I have to give the my dealer when I take it in for service( after I get back from Gatlinburg)

Lamonster
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
his advise for anyone having issues following the update is to call the brp service # and report it so a file can be started with your claim. have your spyder vin number handy and your closest spyders dealers phone # and address so that they can contact them.

Glad you got the call. :doorag:

I just got off the phone with Carlo and I think you may have read into something he might have said. He told me
"there is no requirement for anyone to call BRP in order to open a claim for the dealer"

You can call them if you like but it is best to go through your dealer and then if you are still having issues to call the BRP support line. These guys are doing the best they can to try and make this right, just give them some time.