PDA

View Full Version : Morons in Canada

Baron14y
07-21-2021, 03:08 PM
Selling my OEM muffler. A fellow just wanted the chrome end piece and the chrome side piece. OK. Took the end piece off. Allen head screws. 4 of them. Supposed to have a washer underneath. One didn't have a washer. Not to worry though. One of them had two washers underneath. Very difficult to get off, but got them off. Next, the side piece. Three screws. Got two of them out. Worked on the third for 1/2 hr. Allen wrench, vice grips, hammer, two men and a small boy. Wouldn't budge. Finally, wound up tearing the thin metal and getting the side piece off, but, leaving a hole. Should be an easy fix if you don't look real close. Why were the screws so difficult to get out. The morons used RED Locktite. You know, the permanent stuff. If it was a hex head bolt, OK. A wrench could get it. But an Allen head screw? Yeah, I know. Not designed to be removed. But still.:gaah::banghead:

UtahPete
07-21-2021, 03:37 PM
Selling my OEM muffler. A fellow just wanted the chrome end piece and the chrome side piece. OK. Took the end piece off. Allen head screws. 4 of them. Supposed to have a washer underneath. One didn't have a washer. Not to worry though. One of them had two washers underneath. Very difficult to get off, but got them off. Next, the side piece. Three screws. Got two of them out. Worked on the third for 1/2 hr. Allen wrench, vice grips, hammer, two men and a small boy. Wouldn't budge. Finally, wound up tearing the thin metal and getting the side piece off, but, leaving a hole. Should be an easy fix if you don't look real close. Why were the screws so difficult to get out. The morons used RED Locktite. You know, the permanent stuff. If it was a hex head bolt, OK. A wrench could get it. But an Allen head screw? Yeah, I know. Not designed to be removed. But still.:gaah::banghead:

They probably weren't expecting anyone to want to do what you did...?

Baron14y
07-21-2021, 04:19 PM
They probably weren't expecting anyone to want to do what you did...?

I didn't want to do it. Have an OEM muffler I am trying to get rid of and that's all he wanted.:D

UtahPete
07-21-2021, 04:22 PM
I didn't want to do it. Have an OEM muffler I am trying to get rid of and that's all he wanted.:D

There you go then...:dontknow:

Papa103
07-21-2021, 05:22 PM
And you think the morons are in Canada?

UtahPete
07-21-2021, 05:30 PM
Beginning to sound like the makings of a Jimmy Buffett song!

bigbadbrucie
07-21-2021, 06:36 PM
and there are Morons in the U.S. as well.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-21-2021, 06:44 PM
BRP engineers LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Lok-Tite :gaah::roflblack::roflblack:...... Mike :thumbup: