PDA

View Full Version : A ride in a typical southern Norwegian fishing village.

Canamandy
07-18-2021, 02:20 PM
I took a 4 hour ride to a little village called Risør on the south coast of norway. It's a super cozy place with cute cottages, small streets, nice restaurants and a harbour. Unfortunately the day I had my gopro on was the same day they had an arts and crafts market by the harbour. This meant that traffic couldn't get right up to the harbour or the side of the village with the steepest, narrowest and twisty roads up to the top. I still road around a bit and filmed the streets I could ride on for you guys n gals to see.
https://youtu.be/LdvaiuvOvQI is link to the video if anyone is interested.

canamjhb
07-18-2021, 03:30 PM
That was a good tour. I noticed almost all the buildings are painted white. Any particular reason? Just curious. Thanks for posting..... Jim

ulflyer
07-18-2021, 05:36 PM
Great video, thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed the extreme cleanliness of the streets, sparse traffic, mainly people walking, and on the way out, a Circle K gas station; they seem to be taking over many of the brand name gas stations in my area. Thanks for the tour.

Canamandy
07-28-2021, 10:56 AM
Usually the houses are painted various colours over here. Risør is nick named the white house town. Something they have done in the past and they kept up the tradition.

Canamandy
07-28-2021, 10:57 AM
Circle k came here a few years ago and took over for statoil.

sledge
10-03-2021, 06:02 PM
I have never been out of the usa ....... but...I loved the Video..... thanks