PDA

View Full Version : Wows on Weather!

Wmoater
07-15-2021, 07:46 PM
Nice drizzle today. First in 2 weeks. Normally don’t complain but really??? 100-102 next Monday-Wednesday west of Sheridan up on 14! that’s the beginning of the mountain passes. I’ve been here many times camping primitive and can’t remember it ever getting this hot. Think we’ll ride early morning Monday and find a pool in the valley. Hope Montana is a bit cooler next Wednesday. Can’t wait to lay down in the snow! Dad has a winter house in Arizona and said NICE! Bring it on!

rjinaz86323
07-15-2021, 07:51 PM
We did a trip 3 years ago from AZ up through Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana then back through Wyoming, and Colorado. I think it hit 100 almost every day except for the mountain passes. Wierd weather for sure.

Wmoater
07-15-2021, 08:25 PM
Rj we are spending 4 days south of glacier and riding into it on the spyders then heading down the west side of the mountains stopping every night, running the hills in the mornings before all the tourist wake and ending in Mesa Arizona. Need to drop dads new spyder off and take home his old one. It will take us 2 weeks to get there but dads buddy said it’s been a scorcher down there. So far only mid 90’s the entire trip accept at the normal dry areas. The west side of the mountains seem to be the hot zone.

rjinaz86323
07-15-2021, 08:38 PM
What route are you planning on taking? Maybe I can give you some info as I have ridden most of them from that direction. If you find yourself near Prescott, AZ (I am 12 miles north of there) give me a shout through the forum and I will buy you the beverage of your choice.

Ride safe
Rick

Rj we are spending 4 days south of glacier and riding into it on the spyders then heading down the west side of the mountains stopping every night, running the hills in the mornings before all the tourist wake and ending in Mesa Arizona. Need to drop dads new spyder off and take home his old one. It will take us 2 weeks to get there but dads buddy said it’s been a scorcher down there. So far only mid 90’s the entire trip accept at the normal dry areas. The west side of the mountains seem to be the hot zone.

Wmoater
07-15-2021, 08:58 PM
Beartooth to Jackson, south on the center pass to grande junction. Swing over to arches, Bryce (skip Zion and Grand Canyon) to crowded this year! Been there several times anyway then towards flagstaff. In all honesty it’s only a 1.5 day ride total but we’ll stop and ride 120-180 mile loops one day and another loop the next day and sight see at the same time for 2 days at each stop. We try to take every 3rd day and spend it at a campground and relax. It will take us 9 days total from glacier to Mesa. We’ll need a couple days break to relax. 38 foot fifth wheel with mom and dad along with my wife and myself we need to separate a few days here and there if you get my drift.

rjinaz86323
07-15-2021, 09:02 PM
Arches will probably be a scorcher unless the weather changes. If you haven't been be sure to visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Totally different experience than the South Rim.

Beartooth to Jackson, south on the center pass to grande junction. Swing over to arches, Bryce (skip Zion and Grand Canyon) to crowded this year! Been there several times anyway then towards flagstaff. In all honesty it’s only a 1.5 day ride total but we’ll stop and ride 120-180 mile loops and sight see 2 days at each stop. We try to take every 3rd day and spend it at a campground and relax. It will take us 9 days total from glacier to Mesa. We’ll need a couple days break to relax. 38 foot fifth wheel with mom and dad along with my wife and myself we need to separate a few days here and there if you get my drift.

Wmoater
07-15-2021, 09:18 PM
Yep. One loop will be 89 to Dixie, south to 89a to north rim and back out east side. Dads hit everything from Arizona to top of Utah. They put about 10000 on a winter 6 month run.

remus
07-16-2021, 05:57 PM
If you are going near or through Flagstaff then I would consider riding the red rock scenic byway. hwy AZ 89a just south of flagstaff. It's a scenic ride with twisties for us motorcyclists Be sure to take your camera as it's one of the most beautiful rides in AZ