PDA

View Full Version : Rear tire worn on one side only!

DragonSpyder
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I just noticed that the tread on the left side of the rear tire is significantly more worn that the right side. I noticed my belt has not been tracking properly either. It seems to move around a lot. I believe this started happening after my dealer installed my new rear about 6k miles ago. So, I'm thinking maybe the rear tire is not put on straight or maybe rear bearings are going. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

tweeder
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I just noticed that the tread on the left side of the rear tire is significantly more worn that the right side. I noticed my belt has not been tracking properly either. It seems to move around a lot. I believe this started happening after my dealer installed my new rear about 6k miles ago. So, I'm thinking maybe the rear tire is not put on straight or maybe rear bearings are going. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

Seems so, i'd bring it back and get'r fixed and maybe demand a new tire since its there screw up.

tjfischer
09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Odds are, your tire is mounted crooked. See if the center tread lines up with the center of the shock. Have the dealer check for proper alignment of the belt.