PDA

View Full Version : Recommend any Videos on brake pad replacement?

Poasttown
07-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Anyone know of a trusted video on replacing front and rear brake pads on a spyder, specifically a 2019 F3L?

Thanks
Poasttown

RICZ
07-09-2021, 12:05 PM
The fronts are easy - remove the wheel and there they are. Unscrew the pin that holds the spring clip (remember and/or take a photo of the clip's orientation) remove it and then slide the pads out. If you are replacing them, loosen the lid of the reservoir to make moving the pistons back easier.
The rear caliper needs to be removed to access the pads. 2 bolts hold it on. Remember that you do not push that piston in, you turn it clockwise ONLY. If you have Bajaron's nifty tool, that's easy, otherwise, you can use a needle nose pliers in the 2 recesses in the piston.

carsong
07-11-2021, 05:16 PM
Anyone know of a trusted video on replacing front and rear brake pads on a spyder, specifically a 2019 F3L?

Thanks
Poasttown

I'm with you. Those videos help me, for sure.

RICZ
07-11-2021, 05:33 PM
I'm with you. Those videos help me, for sure.
I can't count the times YouTube saved my fat. The best was when I had to rewire a 4-way switch (that's 3 switches controlling the same thing) and all the wires were black.

ChicagoSpyder
07-12-2021, 08:22 PM

Thanks
Poasttown

Smoaks does the brakes on an RT, should be the same or similar on an F3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyB-mjUpXs&ab_channel=TheSmoaksVlogs