PDA

View Full Version : Flying high

Motogordo
07-08-2021, 01:07 PM
July 8, 2021

There is was cruising along on a nice town road and all of a sudden I and my Spyder were airborne. I didn't notice the white paint on the blacktop indicating there was a speed bump coming up. Normally I see signs on the side of the road that will indicate such a bump. I must admit that was the biggest bump I ever hit. Fortunately every thing was fine after that. No injuries or damage. Someone up there was watching over me. Maybe it was Nanny.:yes:

July 9, 2021
Now that I think about it, I am not sure the wheels lifted up and possibly I was the only part that bounced on the seat. LOL.

Mikey
07-08-2021, 01:30 PM
When snowmobiling if you get air like that and live to talk about it, we call that good air, when you crash and burn, that's bad air!!:2thumbs:

Baron14y
07-08-2021, 02:03 PM
July 8, 2021

There is was cruising along on a nice town road and all of a sudden I and my Spyder were airborne. I didn't notice the white paint on the blacktop indicating there was a speed bump coming up. Normally I see signs on the side of the road that will indicate such a bump. I must admit that was the biggest bump I ever hit. Fortunately every thing was fine after that. No injuries or damage. Someone up there was watching over me. Maybe it was Nanny.:yes:

In Jamaica, they call that bump a "sleeping policeman." Now, that is a police item that I would defund.:cheers:

RayBJ
07-08-2021, 02:11 PM
There's a lot of them in Central/South Jersey. Seems that my RT handles them better than the bikes. I just rise off the seat enough to not get the mule kick.

K80Shooter
07-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Does that now classify you as a member of the High Flyers Club? :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
07-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Yes, they can be scary. If you have a bad back...can also be very painful.

Bfromla
07-08-2021, 06:47 PM
5/8/21190926otherwise outskirts “outer loop”highway with 50-60mph limit (60+ only allowed on interstate round here)also caught unexpected air. Pucker factor took over ,nanny unknown was trying maintaining control not look at dash. Looped back around for the pic & expected something larger. Unfortunately just another Louisiana road:banghead:

Peter Aawen
07-08-2021, 08:41 PM
Just a thought... if you got much in the way of air under all three wheels, it might pay to check check your rear suspension. :lecturef_smilie:

The lower shock mount bolt is juust a little prone to bending if you pound it too much like that, and the lower shock rubber has also been known to rupture.... either way, if the bolt is bent, it's right pain to get it out! :shocked:

Do you really need to ask me how I know this?? :rolleyes:

Motogordo
07-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Maybe it's the mile high club on the ground. LOL