PDA

View Full Version : Tar Pit !!

Buelldog
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Installed MMG Fresh Air Intake today and made a nice discovery when I pulled the stock rubber intake snorkels from the air box. For those that have not had a reason to pull them, they come out by pulling into the airbox.After they are out you can see a recessed area in the box bottom.......this area was loaded with gunk, dead bugs, etc.,etc. all stuck in old oil that had jelled like wet tar!
When I installed my oil catch can a few months ago I had cleaned the upper deck of the air box but did not see the oil under the twin snorkel assembly.Anyway she is clean now and MMG fresh air intake kit install was pretty straight forward......supplied rubber sleeve coupler took a bit of jockeying around but that was the only slow down.Took it for a quick spin.....seems to have added a little more grunt and go.....but my unit has always run strong and been pretty much trouble free.....which makes these toys even more fun!!So anyway, if you are cleaning your airbox you might want to check underneath the snorkel assembly!!

Don in E Texas
09-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the tip...........:clap:

don