PDA

View Full Version : Jensen JHD910 waterproof stereo

irish2themax
09-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Lee...couldn't send pics in a PM so I've put them here

I absolutely love the Jensen JHD910. It is so MUCH better than my old Shark. Had to buy new speakers because the wiring harness is a 2-wire per speaker lash up whereas the Shark speakers are a single coax wire.

As you can see from the pics, the knobology for the Jensen is a significant improvement over the Shark. And they are "glove friendly." In addition, it has the NOAA weather band.

I mounted the speakers on the sides of the center Y panel which brought them about 9" closer than where I had the Shark speakers mounted

I popped out the Spyder button on the rear to mount the post antenna. Was debating a whip for better reception but decided the post fit the lines of the bike better.

All in all, I feel that the Jensen is well worth the increased cost.

Owner's Manual (http://www.asaelectronics.com/techpdf/JHD910%20Owners%20Manual%2010-6-06.pdf)

MarkLawson
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Would love to see the speakers & learn more about the mount.

Thanks,

irish2themax
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Would love to see the speakers & learn more about the mount.

Thanks,

You can see the speakers in the 3rd photo. Just below the handgrips. I used the KewlMetal mount which I already had. It also mounts my cup holder on the other side. My iPod mounts on the velcro strip seen just below the key (barely). I use industrial grade velcro.

Mo Lee
09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Lee...couldn't send pics in a PM so I've put them here

I absolutely love the Jensen JHD910. It is so MUCH better than my old Shark. Had to buy new speakers because the wiring harness is a 2-wire per speaker lash up whereas the Shark speakers are a single coax wire.

As you can see from the pics, the knobology for the Jensen is a significant improvement over the Shark. And they are "glove friendly." In addition, it has the NOAA weather band.

I mounted the speakers on the sides of the center Y panel which brought them about 9" closer than where I had the Shark speakers mounted

I popped out the Spyder button on the rear to mount the post antenna. Was debating a whip for better reception but decided the post fit the lines of the bike better.

All in all, I feel that the Jensen is well worth the increased cost.

Owner's Manual (http://www.asaelectronics.com/techpdf/JHD910%20Owners%20Manual%2010-6-06.pdf)

Thanks Irish, how is the sound Quality? I really like the shape and size and the weather band could come in handy. It is hard to find small tuners suitable for a bike I wound up buying the other tuner from shark for my black Valk and it works well however not water proof and no weather band.

vendit
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Did you have any issues with "ticking" engine noise with your Jensen 910?

I installed one about two weks ago, and when just the key is on, everything is clear....when I start the engine, I get a ticking noise in my helmet speakers. I have tried unhooking the antenna to see if it made a difference, and it does not. I have it hooked up thru a Starcomm unit, and if I hook my MP3 player drectly into the Starcomm I don't have any noise.

I bouhgt an inexpensive noise suppressor and wired into the positive side of the Jensen power, but it didn't eliminate ANY of the noise.

I was just wondering if you had any noise, and if so what you did to eliminate it.

Thanks!

Mike

RTGENE
03-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Dear Irish person

Early today I read about the Jensen and decided to find a dealer/installer here in the STL
Then tonight I read you have one installed already.
I looked at your choice of location for installation.
I am impressed.
I did note that you have not taken out the trash in
picture number 3
Gene

SpyderGirl
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I have the Jensen MSR2107 marine unit, works good, but not great with the Shark speakers. I haven't replacement speakers yet though that look as well blended to the Spyder than the Shark units.

Keep up the good work. :2thumbs:

irish2themax
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
I have the Jensen MSR2107 marine unit, works good, but not great with the Shark speakers. I haven't replacement speakers yet though that look as well blended to the Spyder than the Shark units.

Keep up the good work. :2thumbs:

It's not the stereo, it's the lousy speakers. Wish someone sold quality speakers

SpyderGirl
03-29-2010, 06:18 PM
It's not the stereo, it's the lousy speakers. Wish someone sold quality speakers

EXACTLY! I thought about using the housings that the Shark speakers come with and finding some better quality marine grade speakers that will fit, but good luck with that... they are not a very common size.

Mo Lee
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I always thought the speakers from Shark were the best part of their systems. Lets see on the Spyder I'm using a shark amp in the trunk fed by an MP3 player with built in FM tuner,shark speaker removed from their housing and mounted inside the cowl out of sight (Sounds good, could be better if that were enclosed in a housing). On one Valkyrie I have a small shark AM/FM radio powering shark speakers mounted to the inside of the windshield (Sounds Great). On the other Valkyrie I'm using an regular automotive AM/FM Cd tuner powering Computer speakers installed in the empty housings left over from the Spyder speakers and also mounted to the windshield (again sounds great). All three bikes have seen there share of being in the rain and the speakers are holding up well.

LDFIREWORKS
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
:2thumbs: nice

irish2themax
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Just found a reference to these. Anyone know anything about them?

http://www.audioformz.com/atvmini.asp

irish2themax
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I have asked AudioFormz the cost of the speaker system shown on the Polaris 500. Nice lines for the Spyder. Would mount them on my Y-panel where I currently have my Shark speakers

SpyderGirl
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I have asked AudioFormz the cost of the speaker system shown on the Polaris 500. Nice lines for the Spyder. Would mount them on my Y-panel where I currently have my Shark speakers

Those look sweet. :2thumbs: