PDA

View Full Version : Is there more than one Missing belt guard?

gerald37
06-22-2021, 05:18 PM
Is there more than one missing belt guard? If there is which is best. I want to order one for 2019 RT.

UtahPete
06-22-2021, 05:55 PM
Is there more than one missing belt guard? If there is which is best. I want to order one for 2019 RT.

There's only one that is 'missing' - the outer / lower one. There are at least two different designs; one metal and one plastic. Most folks go with the plastic one from Spyderpops. That's what I use.

RICZ
06-22-2021, 07:16 PM
I just finished making an aluminum one and installing it. Wasn't difficult. If you have a jigsaw and/or bandsaw, those make the job even easier. To mount it, I drilled and tapped for 6mm X 1.0 flange bolts. I saw a YouTube video where the guy used double sided tape, but I prefer bolts for easier removal when servicing the belt or rear wheel. Before installing, I painted it flat black to make it invisible.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-22-2021, 11:36 PM
I just finished making an aluminum one and installing it. Wasn't difficult. If you have a jigsaw and/or bandsaw, those make the job even easier. To mount it, I drilled and tapped for 6mm X 1.0 flange bolts. I saw a YouTube video where the guy used double sided tape, but I prefer bolts for easier removal when servicing the belt or rear wheel. Before installing, I painted it flat black to make it invisible.

:agree: and did the same .... however I used galvanized sheet metal ... because mine was DIY, I was able to make it just a bit longer to cover more of the belt .... It's bolt on also ..... sorry but I'm not able to give a recommendation on what's out in the marketplace ... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

RICZ
06-22-2021, 11:45 PM
:agree: and did the same .... however I used galvanized sheet metal ... because mine was DIY, I was able to make it just a bit longer to cover more of the belt .... It's bolt on also ..... sorry but I'm not able to give a recommendation on what's out in the marketplace ... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:
How about that! I made mine over size too! Great minds.

Cruzr Joe
06-23-2021, 12:31 AM
For the price ............... get the one from www.spyderpops.com

Cruzr Joe

RICZ
06-23-2021, 04:53 PM
For the price ............... get the one from www.spyderpops.com Cruzr Joe
Mine cost .78 cents for 2 U-nuts. I had the aluminum on hand as well as the paint and bolts. I know, you don't have to tell me....I'm such a big spender.