PDA

View Full Version : Will Upper Air deflectors increase airflow to Rider?

Excoastie
06-18-2021, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Please bear with me, I'm new to the Spyder, so I am still trying to figure stuff out.
I did attempt to search, but didn't get any results.

I have on order a set of adjustable side deflectors (upper and lower), but they won't be here until late this coming week.

I'm looking to increase the amount of air coming at me on my '21 RT Limited.

Has anyone removed the stock upper air deflectors? What was the result?
Buffeting doesn't bother me, I'm coming from an HD Dyna Low Rider with a 15" windshield, and I wear a full-face helmet while riding.
I just want more airflow until the adjustable deflectors come in.

Thanks!

Exco

RayBJ
06-18-2021, 04:59 PM
I put them on my '20 RT. When closed (more or less OEM fixed) they move lower torso air/rain more to the outside.
When open, they let more air onto the lower torso. It's noticeably better in high heat when open.

milryder
06-18-2021, 05:05 PM
Yes they are worth it. I had the dealer install when I purchased the '21 RT on the advice of others here. Just as RayBJ said. Took me awhile to realize how they pivot but its pretty intuitive if you look at the airflow change from one position to another.

Excoastie
06-18-2021, 06:02 PM
Thanks! I have read about the benefits of the adjustable air deflectors. It is why I have a pair on order.

Has anyone removed the stock non-adjustable deflectors and ran without them?
Curious if this will allow a bit more air flow until I can get the adjustable ones.

Exco

RayBJ
06-18-2021, 09:02 PM
Probably not much effect removing the wings while waiting. Plus you need to pull the panels twice.