PDA

View Full Version : Highest Attendance Spyder Gathering?

Scotts8826
06-18-2021, 07:37 AM
I was traveling through Springfield, MO the other day and reminisced to when Spyderfest was at it's peak. I think that the Owner's Events in the early days were the highest attended Spyder gatherings but when they stopped I imagine it was Spyderfest in Springfield that was the most heavily attended. Since that event is no more and Covid is slowly fading into the rear view mirror, which Spyder centric event do you think will be the most attended this year or in the years to come? Even though the 3 wheel rally in Deadwood is open to all 3 wheels I can't help but think it is one of the top Spyder attended events. What others are big on attendance or growing?

blacklightning
06-18-2021, 08:21 AM
I think that Spyder Adventures in the Maggie Valley area is going to be an up and coming destination. Some of the most beautiful roads in the country to ride, and located in a very motorcycle friendly town. The only downside is that it happens every year during the peak of hurricane season. Not too much wind, but we seem to get some of the rain. I have gone for the past 4-5 years, and 3 of those had rains from a hurricane come through. But each time it wasn't really that bad, and if you watch the radar, you can avoid the rain and ride elsewhere in the mountains. One year it was raining in Maggie Valley that morning, and we headed over the mountain towards Cherokee and rode all day in the partly cloudy to sunny weather. My wife stayed at the hotel, and had rain and drizzle all day back in Maggie Valley.

ARtraveler
06-18-2021, 10:31 AM
The so called "big" events are most likely to draw the most Spyders. As mentioned, Maggie Valley, Deadwood three wheel rally, and previous Spyderfest events.

Just returned from Hot Springs and there were a LOT of Spyders there. Parking at the host hotel was very difficult. We left a day early.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-18-2021, 10:57 AM
SpyderQuest in Lake George NY ( Sept. ) usually draws 300 plus..... for the past 6 years ..... A really well done event also ..... Mike :thumbup:

Big F
06-18-2021, 11:06 AM
I have been to the Springfield event several times in the past also. the 3-wheel rally in Deadwood is growing each year.. they are approaching 1,000 people registrations this year so that should equate to a lot of Spyder owners attending.. we plan on being there as there is great riding in the Black Hills of SD.
BIG F