PDA

View Full Version : S. Cal Ryder questions

mdr
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey So. Cal Ryders,

1. I haven't had much look with windshields, and have heard great things about the CHAD. I was hoping to try one out before making the purchase. Does anyone in So. Cal have one on their Spyder?

2. I been waiting to do the mandatory recall, but now I need to get the 3,000 mile service done. Any recommendations on good service departments? I'm in Lakewood (close to Long Beach). Thanks.

quackerz
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
mdr,

There is a meet and eat tomorrow, Sunday, 9/13/09 at Q Restaurant & Sports Bar located at 2725 Vista Way Oceanside, Ca 92054 for all spyder ryders. It kicks off at 11:30 and there will be an RT there. There could be a ryder with a chad you can look at and you can also find out about good spyder service around your area. For more info check out westcoastspyder.com.

quackerz

Zerocool
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM
mdr,

There is a meet and eat tomorrow, Sunday, 9/13/09 at Q Restaurant & Sports Bar located at 2725 Vista Way Oceanside, Ca 92054 for all spyder ryders. It kicks off at 11:30 and there will be an RT there. There could be a ryder with a chad you can look at and you can also find out about good spyder service around your area. For more info check out westcoastspyder.com.

quackerz

If you do meet up w/someone who has a CHAD windshield, see if they'd be interested in driving up to Laminar in Santa Ana (approx. 50 miles from Oceanside.) They make a Lip for motorcycle windshields, even the for the Spyder sport shield, and would like to measure up the CHAD to make a custom Lip for it.

I for one would purchase it. Unfortunately I'm on the East Coast, in Connecticut, and would greatly appreciate some West Coast assistance ;)

Thanks.

Z

mdr
09-13-2009, 09:29 PM
If you do meet up w/someone who has a CHAD windshield, see if they'd be interested in driving up to Laminar in Santa Ana (approx. 50 miles from Oceanside.) They make a Lip for motorcycle windshields, even the for the Spyder sport shield, and would like to measure up the CHAD to make a custom Lip for it.

I for one would purchase it. Unfortunately I'm on the East Coast, in Connecticut, and would greatly appreciate some West Coast assistance ;)

Thanks.

Z

I went to the event today but there must be a west coast bias against the Chad because not one person had one and there were a bunch of Spyders. I'll probably go ahead and buy one and hope it works for me--I live near Santa Ana so if you send pm the info for Laminar and a contact person I can bring it in.

Zerocool
09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I went to the event today but there must be a west coast bias against the Chad because not one person had one and there were a bunch of Spyders. I'll probably go ahead and buy one and hope it works for me--I live near Santa Ana so if you send pm the info for Laminar and a contact person I can bring it in.

Thanks mdr!

PM sent

Be great to see if (a) they have a Lip for the CHAD, and (b) if it will provide a 6'2" with that extra lift to get the noise off my helmet.

adohring
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Missed it by a few days... I was at the Sunday Meet and Eat but my CHAD is being delivered Thursday.

mdr
09-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Missed it by a few days... I was at the Sunday Meet and Eat but my CHAD is being delivered Thursday.

Let me know how it works for you once it arrives. It would be easy for me to make a quick trip down to S.D. to check it out.