PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use or heard of Arachnid tires for Spyders?

Cirhere
06-15-2021, 08:46 AM
Anyone use or heard of Arachnid tires that's the tires my dealer recommended Ive never heard of them

rjinaz86323
06-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Vee Rubber VTR 350 Arachnid Tires

https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/vee-rubber-vtr-350-arachnid-tire/p/56390

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-15-2021, 09:28 AM
Anyone use or heard of Arachnid tires that's the tires my dealer recommended Ive never heard of them

I follow tire Threads and those tires are copies of the Kenda , which is a garbage tire ..... so I they are less than optimal .... Here's the good news :yes: .... If your dealer will mount NON-Kenda tires then I would think They will mount what you bring .... Get some Auto tires .... currently the Vredestein Q-5 is the best ... go on-line to Vulcan tire or Simple tire or Towne Fair tire to get them ..... good luck ..... Mike :thumbup:

T.P.
06-15-2021, 10:56 AM
There was a heavy duty Arachnid rear tire for the RT's, I put one on the Wife's STL and it didn't last any more then 12,000 miles
So no better then the OEM stuff.

T.P.

bigbadbrucie
06-15-2021, 11:45 AM
There was a heavy duty Arachnid rear tire for the RT's, I put one on the Wife's STL and it didn't last any more then 12,000 miles
So no better then the OEM stuff.

T.P.
I did the same on my RTS, with the same result. No better than the OEM

K80Shooter
06-15-2021, 12:59 PM
I follow tire Threads and those tires are copies of the Kenda , which is a garbage tire ..... so I they are less than optimal .... Here's the good news :yes: .... If your dealer will mount NON-Kenda tires then I would think They will mount what you bring .... Get some Auto tires .... currently the Vredestein Q-5 is the best ... go on-line to Vulcan tire or Simple tire or Towne Fair tire to get them ..... good luck ..... Mike :thumbup:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I dont see them on Simple tire or Towne Fair tire. Might be just me though :dontknow:

trikermutha
06-15-2021, 01:21 PM
Vee rubber tires are crap. Kenda would be better.

oldguyinTX
06-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Terrible tires. Wears unevenly. Don't waste your time or money.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-15-2021, 03:56 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I dont see them on Simple tire or Towne Fair tire. Might be just me though :dontknow:

As I stated in another post ... it appears Vredestein is UP-Grading the Q-5 ... The " Quatrac " is the newest version of the Q-5.... Michelin did it with their Hydro-Edge ( ie. Defender ) and then again with the Defender T&H .... Based on what I know about Vredestein and the tires they make I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new " Quatrac ".... did you try VULVAN ..... Tirerack.com has the new model in 175/55-15 for front and 205/60 & 205?65 -15 for the rear .... Mike :thumbup:

K80Shooter
06-15-2021, 05:19 PM
As I stated in another post ... it appears Vredestein is UP-Grading the Q-5 ... The " Quatrac " is the newest version of the Q-5.... Michelin did it with their Hydro-Edge ( ie. Defender ) and then again with the Defender T&H .... Based on what I know about Vredestein and the tires they make I wouldn't hesitate to buy the new " Quatrac ".... did you try VULVAN ..... Tirerack.com has the new model in 175/55-15 for front and 205/60 & 205?65 -15 for the rear .... Mike :thumbup:

I did try Tire Rack and Vulcan but I was looking for the 165/60-15 and nobody seems to have them, I also just checked Tire Rack for the other sizes and they are showing out of stock also. I'll just wait a bit longer then try the Quatrac of Federals for the front. I do think the Quatrac would be great for the rear though.

trikermutha
06-15-2021, 05:46 PM
I had these installed after I blew out my federal.

https://www.achillestiresusa.com/tires/passenger/atr-k-economist

Much quieter than the federal. Seems to grip well so far.