PDA

View Full Version : Brake linkage - how do I tell which position they're in/to get?

Spyder465
06-14-2021, 10:17 PM
Forgive me please. Brand new to the forum and Spyders. I was able to ride my brothers F3 basic, and liked it a lot except when I was at speeds over 60. I also did not like the lack of storage. Test drove a Sea to Sky and was ready to purchase that day except the way I sat was not quite right. I rode the F3 again, and knew that was the right bike for me. So I purchased a F3 Limited. It is a 2019 with 3700 miles on it. So here is my question. I need to move the brake pedal and pads a little forward. How can I tell what position they are in now, and how much difference is there between each step? Should I just go to a dealer, or is this something that most people do?
When I did a quick search I only came up with one post that had the word linkage in it. I figured there would be lots, and I was just not searching for the right terms. Again I am new to this so if there are some, just point me into the right direction please.

Mikey
06-15-2021, 04:49 AM
Did you get a owners manual with that bike! I would think that would help.

Copperman
06-15-2021, 05:07 AM
Take your finger and run it on the inside of the tube that your foot peg is attached to. There will be five holes. Probably two forward of the foot peg and two to the rear of the peg. Your peg is in one hole. Those are the five positions you hear about. The rear most hole is position one, the most forward hole is position five. The distance between the holes is about 1 1/2" to 2".

For those with the F3 Limited and have floorboards, it's the same.

Let us know when you find the holes.

Spyder465
06-15-2021, 08:14 AM
Thank you Copperman! Mine are in position 3. I find that I will actually pick up my foot and rest it on the brake as it is too close and I can not bend my foot enough to comfortably reach it. I am just short of 6' tall. Any recommendations on what I should try?

rjinaz86323
06-15-2021, 09:03 AM
I am only 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I moved my footboards to position 4 just as a test and found out that was too far forward for me. I moved them back to position 3 and added the Lamonster brake lever (which lowers the brake pedal). That is the perfect fit for me.

RobDekker
06-15-2021, 09:35 AM
https://youtu.be/ecHiMgu7t5Q

Spyder465
06-15-2021, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all of the help! I have a #4 ordered from Lamonster garage.