PDA

View Full Version : The Hub, Arkansas - Is it still motorcycle friendly?

rjinaz86323
06-12-2021, 09:47 AM
This place has changed hands a couple of times in recent years. Is it still motorcycle friendly? Thx

RICZ
06-12-2021, 10:48 AM
Can we assume you are talking about a place somewhere in Arizona?

rjinaz86323
06-12-2021, 10:55 AM
no in Arkansas

ARtraveler
06-12-2021, 03:39 PM
We live about 10 miles from the location. The area around Marble Falls is pretty much abandoned. I would not spend a night in the area.

The most recent reviews are one star. They also show Dogpatch on the map. This particular amusement park went out of business in the late 90's. We took a trip up to the grounds and were not impressed.

If you want to stay in the area, there are a couple nicer places in Jasper. Jasper also has the famous Ozark Cafe, very biker friendly. Most motels and hotels are motorcycle friendly here in AR. They get lots of riders from all over. i would recommend saving your money at the Hub and stay elsewhere.

Read the first two reviews from 2020 and see what I mean.

rjinaz86323
06-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Did a trip to Arkansas 2 summers ago. We spend 4 days in Mountain View riding the area, and then another 3 days in Eureka Springs doing the same. Lotta great roads out there. The trip to and from Arizona left a lot to be desired though. Second morning we got snowed on leaving Santa Rosa, NM, then rain the next day and half to Mountain View. Then great weather while in Arkansas. On the way home, we got caught in the worst storm I have ever ridden in going west out of Tulsa. Once we hit I40 we were faced with 40-50mph headwinds.

UtahPete
06-12-2021, 07:05 PM
This place has changed hands a couple of times in recent years. Is it still motorcycle friendly? Thx

Confusing...might want to call them

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Hub%2C+Arkansas&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

ARtraveler
06-13-2021, 10:32 AM
I updated some of the information in my post above.

Big Juice
07-11-2021, 05:40 PM
We live about 10 miles from the location. The area around Marble Falls is pretty much abandoned. I would not spend a night in the area.

The most recent reviews are one star. They also show Dogpatch on the map. This particular amusement park went out of business in the late 90's. We took a trip up to the grounds and were not impressed.

If you want to stay in the area, there are a couple nicer places in Jasper. Jasper also has the famous Ozark Cafe, very biker friendly. Most motels and hotels are motorcycle friendly here in AR. They get lots of riders from all over. i would recommend saving your money at the Hub and stay elsewhere.

Read the first two reviews from 2020 and see what I mean.

What ARTraveler said! We used to go there every year for a bike reunion and it was great. Then it sold, then it was taken back by the original owner, then it was sold, and who knows what's going on now. Been by a couple times in the last few years and I'm not impressed (haven't been by in about a year though, so ?). If it were me, I'd look elsewhere and not take the chance. Just my thoughts from down the road in the Arkansas woods.