PDA

View Full Version : F1 Foot Rest

Spyderman01
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Has anyone seen these foot rests or know anything about them?

They look pretty cool and functional...........Scroll down to the bottom to see them.

http://www.f1windshields.com/Can_Am_Spyderx.htm

wyliec
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Has anyone seen these foot rests or know anything about them?

They look pretty cool and functional...........Scroll down to the bottom to see them.

http://www.f1windshields.com/Can_Am_Spyderx.htm

I think they look bulky and out of place. JMO

Firefly
09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
:barf::barf:

The_Spyderwoman
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Sorry, Spyderman, I don't like the looks of them.

Looks like something off of a SKI DOO:yikes: :roflblack:

bnme
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
I have the footrests on my yellow spyder. Ordered them in black. They don't stand out as the silver ones shown on F1 website.

They do offer many foot placement options and allow both riders to use original pegs if they would like. Around town I use the original pegs but on the highway the boards are very useful.

Access to the brakes is not restricted. They are very strong.

Should the occasion arise to take them off it's very easy to return to the original look, as the pegs are not removed but used to attach the boards.

Just FYI, I also ordered the queen slider with air deflectors at the same time.
The windshield also does a good job.

aubierules
09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
definitely look functional...

3wheeldemon
09-11-2009, 09:54 AM
definitely look functional...

:agree: I don't like them at all, but I saw them. They are solid and easier to install. The need has to be very important to you, they really mess up the look of the :spyder2:.

3WD

BeRight
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice to have another aftermarket choice. They appear very functional - I like the black:D

Firefly
09-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I have the footrests on my yellow spyder. Ordered them in black. They don't stand out as the silver ones shown on F1 website.

They do offer many foot placement options and allow both riders to use original pegs if they would like. Around town I use the original pegs but on the highway the boards are very useful.

Access to the brakes is not restricted. They are very strong.

Should the occasion arise to take them off it's very easy to return to the original look, as the pegs are not removed but used to attach the boards.

Just FYI, I also ordered the queen slider with air deflectors at the same time.
The windshield also does a good job.

Can you stand on them?

bnme
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, I can stand on them in any location of the boards but I generally use the footpegs since that is what I'm used to doing. My wife uses the boards more to get on and off the spyder and seems to have no problems with foot locations when doing so.

I don't mind how they look on the spyder as the black boards, as mentioned earlier, don't stand out nearly as much as the silver, but that being said I definitely go with function first so that was how I made my decision.

The incline for the passenger has been very helpful for my wife in her foot positioning. Since they run full length they offer options to many riders differing leg lengths so they worked for us well in that respect.

I put self adhesive non skid tape on the top of the boards to prevent slipping off in the event of morning dew, or rain. Works very well and can't be seen unless on the bike.
I put white reflective tape on a couple spots on the sides so if dark you don't step in to them prior to getting on the bike, and for drivers to have a side view if driving in the dark.

Does it look that good having the white tape on? No. I just use it to be seen. Just one more safety application. Probably overkill but I don't worry about the looks too much really.
My wife is not particularly picky about looks either, so she tells me. Not sure what she means, but I don't like it!

kytten
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't like the look of them in the pictures. Though they look functional, I agree with most others that they don't do anything for the look of the bike. They're too hard/sharp where the bike is more fluid in look.

aubierules
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
My wife is not particularly picky about looks either, so she tells me. Not sure what she means, but I don't like it!
:roflblack:

The_Spyderwoman
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I generally use the footpegs since that is what I'm used to doing.
I don't mind how they look on the spyder as the black boards, as mentioned earlier, don't stand out nearly as much as the silver, but that being said I definitely go with function first so that was how I made my decision.

The incline for the passenger has been very helpful for my wife in her foot positioning. Since they run full length they offer options to many riders differing leg lengths so they worked for us well in that respect.

I'd have to see the black ones. Definately wouldn't do the silver, myself. Do they go over the front black little fins or on the outside of them like highway pegs? Did you have to do anything to the front black little fins ? My legs are tooo short to have highway pegs. They must be OUTSIDE of the foot pegs since you still use them. Right?

fastfraser
09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
:agree:
:barf::barf:

3wheeldemon
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd have to see the black ones. Definately wouldn't do the silver, myself. Do they go over the front black little fins or on the outside of them like highway pegs? Did you have to do anything to the front black little fins ? My legs are tooo short to have highway pegs. They must be OUTSIDE of the foot pegs since you still use them. Right?

Right. Look at the pictures and make your own judgement...

http://canamspyders.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=252&view=findpost&p=1057

they are made by a lovely couple, so be gentle...

3WD

bnme
09-11-2009, 04:27 PM
You can use the orginal pegs with no interference. No obstruction to the brake. Much more clearance than it appears from the pictures on F1 site.

I expect if anyone has them at the Gatlinburg gathering it will be much more clear.

I had the same questions about strength and access but those questions have been answered after several months of use and a few rides where being able, or needing, to change leg positions for comfort reasons was needed.

I do know this: Chicks dig me (more) now that I have the boards on the bike. I guess it's because I just ooze overly safe and nerdy.
As stated in Napoleon Dynamite: " there pretty cool I guess"

hawkiii
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Kinda look like they need a helicopter attached to them!:roflblack: