PDA

View Full Version : Video- RT storage

Lamonster
09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

DannyS
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for posting this. Most of the photos I have seen show what looks like a bag inserted in the saddlebags. Is this an option I have not seen them listed on the spec. sheet and the accessories page is not up yet.
:doorag:

Lamonster
09-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for posting this. Most of the photos I have seen show what looks like a bag inserted in the saddlebags. Is this an option I have not seen them listed on the spec. sheet and the accessories page is not up yet.
:doorag:
There are two removable bag inserts and a roll-away for the trunk, I think that comes with the RTS but I'm not sure. I know you will be able to buy them separate.

rupbre
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks lamont...Fantastic. As I get older, I never wish away time.....but, is my RTS here yet???? I think my wife is more excited than me. Hard to believe.

mc2276
09-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, I never thought I would say it, but having just watched this video and others on YouTube, I am sold on the RT. I love it!!! Thank you Lamonster for the videos. I now just have to wait to see if I will get promoted soon, or am heading to Afghanistan. If so, bye bye SM... hello RT. And I will definitely have to go with the fully loaded blue one. :2thumbs:

Roger
09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Perfect just what i wanted to know. also about the insert bags i thought i saw them else where too. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

mcguire1511
09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Been looking for a good 3/4 helmet had considered that one from Blade, than I saw The can-am 3/4 helmet on your RT video. Where can I get more info and prices on that Helmet?? By the way really nice job your doing, keeping us up to date on the RT.................Thanks.

BumbleBee
09-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Storage is great, and lots of it. You are doing a great job in keeping us posted about the RT. Thanks :thumbup:

Where did you get the 3/4 Helmet from?

Lamonster
09-10-2009, 06:17 AM
BRP has a new helmet line but I don't think it's on their site yet. I "acquired" this one from them and their not getting it back. :D

Derwin
09-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Lamont, I noticed in your side storage that you had a bunch of brochures.

How can I get a couple of those? Who do I have to contact? I already called my local dealer, but they don't have any.

By the way... Very nice video!

Derwin

Lamonster
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Lamont, I noticed in your side storage that you had a bunch of brochures.

How can I get a couple of those? Who do I have to contact? I already called my local dealer, but they don't have any.

By the way... Very nice video!

Derwin
Your dealer should be getting them soon. I need to order more myself.

Roaddog2
09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
BRP has a new helmet line but I don't think it's on their site yet. I "acquired" this one from them and their not getting it back. :D:2thumbs::doorag:

NancysToy
09-10-2009, 07:35 AM
The brochure also can be downloaded off the specifications page (http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/See/Can-Am/Showroom/Showroom-RT.htm) on the BRP site.

GaryTheBadger
09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Lamont, is the small storage compartment just ahead of the seat lockable? If its meant for cell phones, GPS, etc, it should be.

Also, the specs show 87 octane for the RS but 91 for the RT...what have you been running in the RT?

Derwin
09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
The brochure also can be downloaded off the specifications page (http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/See/Can-Am/Showroom/Showroom-RT.htm) on the BRP site.

Yeah, I knew about that.

But I'm one of those "weird" guys that likes a "hard copy" to keep as a collectors item! :D

Derwin

Lamonster
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Lamont, is the small storage compartment just ahead of the seat lockable? If its meant for cell phones, GPS, etc, it should be.

Also, the specs show 87 octane for the RS but 91 for the RT...what have you been running in the RT?

Yes it is lockable, when you lock the steering it locks that box. I use that box all the time. :doorag:

You can run 87 on the RT because it has two knock sensors that will retard the timing as needed, problem is your performance and fuel economy will suffer. I run the good stuff in this RT as recommended.

MarkLawson
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Any helmet locks other than in the storage compartments?

hawkiii
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Lamont, that really gives an idea as to how much storage there really is on the RT. Very cool man. I gotta stop looking at these videos, my wife will kill me if I run to the dealer and order one. And if I keep watching these videos of all the cool toys included in the RT, that is exactly what will happen. :D

Lamonster
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Any helmet locks other than in the storage compartments?
Not that I know of.