PDA

View Full Version : Tire talk

Okeefjr
06-04-2021, 06:57 PM
On the Goldwing forum we had a Darkside page where we discussed car tires. Do we have anything like that here?

BajaRon
06-04-2021, 07:01 PM
Not really. It isn't needed. Putting a car tire on a motorcycle has a number of negative factors. Because a motorcycle is designed for a completely different tire design. Putting a car tire on a Spyder, which is designed for a car tire, does not have any of the 'Dark Side' aspects. The only negative aspect is the manufacturer's attempts to keep people from doing it.

Woodaddict
06-04-2021, 07:03 PM
NO!!! SPYDER rims are J type rims, car rims are J type rims. MANY, MANY , MANY POSTS ABOUT CAR tires here. you can use search function at top right of page to find many options. car tires are the WAY to go, better traction, miles etc.

Okeefjr
06-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Guys I'm not trying to argue whether a car tire is or is not safe, it's a personal decision. I'm only wanting to talk to those that run them. I'm new to the Spyder world and just looking for info.
Thank You

bikerchris1270
06-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Guys I'm not trying to argue whether a car tire is or is not safe, it's a personal decision. I'm only wanting to talk to those that run them. I'm new to the Spyder world and just looking for info.
Thank You
2019 F3L. At 6000 miles, I replaced the OEM Kendas with Vredestein Q5 in front and a Kumo Ecsta in the rear. I am amazed of the superior ride and handling properties over the Kenda bicycle tires. I’m very happy with my automotive tire choice of tires recommended by others on the forum.

RICZ
06-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Most any car tire is superior to the OEM Kendas. Many here have Federal Formoza tires on the front and a General Altimax RT43 on the rear.
First, get used to how your Spyder feels and handles, then do car tires. After another 1K miles or more, install the Bajaron sway bar. Then you are golden!
Bikerchris' combination is popular too.

wyliec
06-04-2021, 10:30 PM
On the Goldwing forum we had a Darkside page where we discussed car tires. Do we have anything like that here?

To answer your question, the answer is NO. There is no specific area on spyderlovers where car tires are discussed. But, there are 100's of different threads with many, many, many posts, regarding car tires. You just use the search function, and hope for the best. In any case you've started another tire thread, and I'm pretty sure you'll be getting some responses. Then, besides selecting a specific brand, there's the psi used, and then something about a 4 psi rule (I think it's 4 psi, not sure). But, when all else fails, there's a search function. But, I won't give you my opinion of the search function

Mikey
06-05-2021, 05:10 AM
Dark side Page,:roflblack: all you have to do is whisper tire or oil and you will get all the info you can handle!!! :2thumbs: We don't hide it in the corner!!! Enjoy!!

Wmoater
06-05-2021, 07:58 AM
Car tires for sure. Your OEM rear’s last 7000 front 16-24000. Switch to car ties on first change. There’s many opinions on the “best” ones but a total agreement on the car tire being more superior.

BajaRon
06-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Dark side Page,:roflblack: all you have to do is whisper tire or oil and you will get all the info you can handle!!! :2thumbs: We don't hide it in the corner!!! Enjoy!!

I agree! There are no corners on this forum. Dead Ends and hair-pin turns maybe! But no corners! And definitely NO HIDING!