PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a real dumb one today

Bangorbob
06-02-2021, 01:41 PM
Went for a ride the other day. Took my sena 20 off the helmet to charge it and put it in my pants pocket. Ya, you guessed it. It got a washing with the pants.

Fatcycledaddy
06-02-2021, 01:50 PM
Hmmm....and that is worse than any rain storm it would have ever encountered!!

Plarimer
06-02-2021, 01:52 PM
If that’s the worst mistake you make this month, you’re going to have a great one. I dropped my iPhone in a public toilet once. Don’t think I didn’t give a second thought to reaching in and pulling it out.

ARtraveler
06-02-2021, 02:16 PM
There are days. :bowdown:

Motorcycledave
06-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Went for a ride the other day. Took my sena 20 off the helmet to charge it and put it in my pants pocket. Ya, you guessed it. It got a washing with the pants.

Dry it out open it up and use a blow dryer, I did that years ago with one of me SENA SMH10-11 units, it sure got clean
AND after getting it dried out it started working again. I have it on one of my helmets right now....
SIDE NOTE DON'T put your headset in the washer.

UtahPete
06-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Drained the oil from the Spyder. Got a call on my phone. Fumbled the phone with my greasy hands and dropped it into the hot oil.

Robocall :banghead:

Bangorbob
06-02-2021, 05:02 PM
I sure am glad that I'm not the only one that has not so good moments. This has made my wife and I laugh. I should not have read the responses while eating. I almost choked from laughing so hard. I am letting dry out. Hope it works again.

ARtraveler
06-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Here is a good read for you. From my days in Alaska in April 2012.

Default "I must have taken an overdose of stupid pills today."

Today was the day I was going to go on my first spyder ryde of the year. My driveway is now 2/3 gravel and 1/3 snowy slush (about 15 feet).

I figured I could back it up fast enough to get over the slush part. No go. The back wheel started to spin about 5 ft into the snowy part. I tried this three times before trying something else.

I then figured I would go up to the gravel part, turn the spyder around and go forward through the 15 ft of snow.

Got the Spyder turned 1/2 way around and backed up. Hit loose gravel and back wheel started to spin again. Moved Spyder forward and tried again, this time when the wheel started to spin, I punched it a little harder. I did not realize I was digging a nice 6 inch or so hole. End result, the belt bottomed out and broke.

Now I sit with my Spyder in a hole and a broken belt. Dealer is supposed to come and get Spyder tomorrow. I am hoping I can get it up an running before the weekend. Talk about a $400-$500 stupid mistake on my part. I already replaced one belt on another spyder, that was in the $350 range. Add in the tow etc. and I should be about right on my new guestimate.

I sure hope this is not an omen for the riding season upcoming. Well, it feels better to have vented to the world.

pidjones
06-02-2021, 08:33 PM
Just don't turn it on until full dry.

Bangorbob
06-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Well I have good news. I originally took canned air and blew the water out. No good. After Motorcycle Dave's suggestion about the hair dryer I immediately did NOT use a hair dryer but a heat gun on low. Yes-It now works (at least for now). Thanks Dave. And please keep the stories rolling. I think we need more humor in the world.

BTW, I can't stand snow. Grew up in Michigan-no thanks and I understand doing not so smart things in the snow.

Wmoater
06-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Sorry had to do it :roflblack:.....Can you hear me now? Been there done that dumb things. Mine was, Spyder with front wheels on ramps. Cleaning the inside of spyder under all the plastic and thought I’d clean clean the parking break micro switch. Yep ran rag through micro switch and release it with rag. Off the ramps it goes down the driveway with me running behind. Jumped over seat to grab brake lever, ooops forgot it’s not the four wheeler or sled no lever. Hop over other side push on brake pedal as it almost goes over very steep embankment.

Bfromla
06-02-2021, 08:59 PM
:banghead:
Yup happens , glad didn’t drop & get ran over & crushed:sour:. Sena’s well built & fairy resilient, Definitely would wrap in tissue or paper towel & Put in ziplock bag full with dry rice or some silica moisture absorbing pellets. Can go overly technical & vacuum chamber
(FYI can boil ice water under a vacuum no heat). Side note preventative:if want to keep on your person& paired to phone(won’t hear calls though) found some universal phone holder belt clip that fits unit without pushing buttons. or toss in frunk / trunk, usually requires paring to phone again 190239190240

UtahPete
06-02-2021, 10:11 PM
Sorry had to do it :roflblack:.....Can you hear me now? Been there done that dumb things. Mine was, Spyder with front wheels on ramps. Cleaning the inside of spyder under all the plastic and thought I’d clean clean the parking break micro switch. Yep ran rag through micro switch and release it with rag. Off the ramps it goes down the driveway with me running behind. Jumped over seat to grab brake lever, ooops forgot it’s not the four wheeler or sled no lever. Hop over other side push on brake pedal as it almost goes over very steep embankment.

That's the best so far!

UtahPete
06-02-2021, 10:14 PM
Here is a good read for you. From my days in Alaska in April 2012.

Default "I must have taken an overdose of stupid pills today."

Today was the day I was going to go on my first spyder ryde of the year. My driveway is now 2/3 gravel and 1/3 snowy slush (about 15 feet).

I figured I could back it up fast enough to get over the slush part. No go. The back wheel started to spin about 5 ft into the snowy part. I tried this three times before trying something else.

I then figured I would go up to the gravel part, turn the spyder around and go forward through the 15 ft of snow.

Got the Spyder turned 1/2 way around and backed up. Hit loose gravel and back wheel started to spin again. Moved Spyder forward and tried again, this time when the wheel started to spin, I punched it a little harder. I did not realize I was digging a nice 6 inch or so hole. End result, the belt bottomed out and broke.

Now I sit with my Spyder in a hole and a broken belt. Dealer is supposed to come and get Spyder tomorrow. I am hoping I can get it up an running before the weekend. Talk about a $400-$500 stupid mistake on my part. I already replaced one belt on another spyder, that was in the $350 range. Add in the tow etc. and I should be about right on my new guestimate.

I sure hope this is not an omen for the riding season upcoming. Well, it feels better to have vented to the world.

That's a great story. I can see myself doing that!

Mikey
06-03-2021, 06:48 AM
Guess you won't be talking dirty to the wife any more!!!:roflblack::clap:

PaladinLV
06-03-2021, 09:06 AM
You must have been a SNIPE! :roflblack:

AJ