PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seat / Heated Grips

Spyder2780
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Has anyone installed a heated element on their stock seat or on a BRP upgraded seat? I'm also in the process of installing Kury's ISO-grips, has anyone been able to get these to work with a heating element? I want to get the most out of the Ryding season in New England, but knowing that fall/winter is around the corner I'm going to need some warmth....Thanks in advace.

ataDude
09-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Has anyone installed a heated element on their stock seat or on a BRP upgraded seat? I'm also in the process of installing Kury's ISO-grips, has anyone been able to get these to work with a heating element? I want to get the most out of the Ryding season in New England, but knowing that fall/winter is around the corner I'm going to need some warmth....Thanks in advace.

I haven't on the Spyder but have on other bikes. ebay, as well as other places, have automotive seat warming elements for a reasonable price.

I used the Heat Troller (California Sport Touring has them) for seats as well as grips.

The ISO grips, IMHO, with all of the metal, may not be appropriate for heaters. Never tried it, though. Check the "My Mods" link below for the grips and heaters I used on the Spyder.

vtrider
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
This might be an option. They have other neat cold weather gear here as well.

http://cozywinters.com/shop/heated-motorcycle-seat.html

Spyder#353
09-09-2009, 06:08 PM
How about a seat cooling device for those of us living in the hot area's of this country. :roflblack::roflblack::spyder:

Dragonrider
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
The cooling device is called "Bead Rider".....

The Kury grips will NOT work with a heater - sorry.

bjt
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
The cooling device is called "Bead Rider".....

+1 Beadriders do allow additional airflow between your seat and the Spyder seat. :thumbup:

I have had this idea for a heated / cooled seat similar to what high end autos have but I didn't have enough $$$ to buy Corbin when they were for sale. :banghead: