PDA

View Full Version : Markings on LH control cluster worn off! 2020 RT

natray
05-21-2021, 01:29 PM
New to Spyders

I have noticed that the markings on my parking break and shifter have worn off. I mentioned this to the dealers maintenance department and they told me that BRP said it was normal wear and not covered under warranty. I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last year and it only has 4000 miles on it. Has anyone else seen this? If so is there a fix?;)

Plarimer
05-21-2021, 04:23 PM
Use of fill pen. That work great. Online in many colors.

LifeLongRider
05-21-2021, 04:56 PM
New to Spyders

I have noticed that the markings on my parking break and shifter have worn off. I mentioned this to the dealers maintenance department and they told me that BRP said it was normal wear and not covered under warranty. I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last year and it only has 4000 miles on it. Has anyone else seen this? If so is there a fix?;)

Call BRP Customer Service and start a case. This should not happen despite what your dealer told you.

Peter Aawen
05-21-2021, 05:29 PM
New to Spyders

Call BRP Customer Service and start a case. This should not happen despite what your dealer told you.

I gotta agree with LLR here..... it might be 'Normal wear' on a 5 to 10 year old Spyder that's done 5 or 10 times the miles, but on a 2020 Spyder with less than 5000 miles on it!?! :yikes: Does that mean they'd classify all the paint color coming off in your next year of ryding as 'Normal wear'!?! :banghead:

Something is wrong here, those markings should last AT LEAST until the Warranty runs out!! :lecturef_smilie: . Heck, I've got a well used 4WD that's over 20 years old now which STILL has all the switch markings on it looking like they were put on yesterday! And I'd bet they've been subjected to more dirt & wear & cleaning than anything your Spyder is ever likely to see in its next 20 years!! :shocked:

I wouldn't be accepting a 'fob off' like that from the dealer; ask to see the documentation from BRP supporting this BS, cos you'll really want to see the sigature & name on the bottom of the page so that you know who is responsible for such a BS story if this gets to court; and maybe remind them that if they can't provide that documentation, it'll probably be THEM (individually and collectively) on the receiving end of any suit that might eventuate! :gaah:

'Normal wear' my **** - that's utter crap and nothing short of a 'we don't wanta be bothered' fob off from the dealer &/or BRP! :mad:

Bfromla
05-22-2021, 03:14 AM
I gotta agree with LLR here..... it might be 'Normal wear' on a 5 to 10 year old Spyder that's done 5 or 10 times the miles, but on a 2020 Spyder with less than 5000 miles on it!?! :yikes: Does that mean they'd classify all the paint color coming off in your next year of ryding as 'Normal wear'!?! :banghead:

Something is wrong here, those markings should last AT LEAST until the Warranty runs out!! :lecturef_smilie: . Heck, I've got a well used 4WD that's over 20 years old now which STILL has all the switch markings on it looking like they were put on yesterday! And I'd bet they've been subjected to more dirt & wear & cleaning than anything your Spyder is ever likely to see in its next 20 years!! :shocked:

I wouldn't be accepting a 'fob off' like that from the dealer; ask to see the documentation from BRP supporting this BS, cos you'll really want to see the sigature & name on the bottom of the page so that you know who is responsible for such a BS story if this gets to court; and maybe remind them that if they can't provide that documentation, it'll probably be THEM (individually and collectively) on the receiving end of any suit that might eventuate! :gaah:

'Normal wear' my **** - that's utter crap and nothing short of a 'we don't wanta be bothered' fob off from the dealer &/or BRP! :mad:
:agree::2thumbs:190062 can barely see the polished +part that was protected by the paint :roflblack: at 68,500m -7 years tomorrow 5/23

Plarimer
05-22-2021, 05:27 AM
One thing that might make a difference is whether you were gloves or not. If you don’t, some people have higher acidity in their skin i.e. pH balance, which could lead to wearing off the paint faster.

natray
05-22-2021, 07:18 PM
Here is a picture of the control cluster

I think I got this picture uploaded

Michaelscs
05-22-2021, 08:16 PM
That's not right! In the 70,000 miles I have on Spyders, I have not experienced that on any of them. I think your dealer is feeding you a line of bull, and I think BRP would cover it. I and 6 of my friends have 2020 RT Limiteds and none of us have that problem, and we all have more miles on than you.