PDA

View Full Version : Video- Fuel Mileage

Lamonster
09-08-2009, 06:00 AM
My first fuel stop I got 28 mpg, after that I was getting right around 31 mpg. If it's like my RS that should get a little better with time.

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Roger
09-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Can you post a video of the rt with all the trunks and bags open so we can see i see a key lock in back of the bike but yet have not seen it open thanks. :2thumbs:

ntxYguy2009
09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Wow - that surprises me that you are still having to compute the MPG. I would have thought with the new cluster that it would have it built in.

Magic Man
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Can you post a video of the rt with all the trunks and bags open so we can see i see a key lock in back of the bike but yet have not seen it open thanks. :2thumbs:

:agree::agree::agree:

MM

BumbleBee
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

MM

Same Here!!!!

spyryder
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow - that surprises me that you are still having to compute the MPG. I would have thought with the new cluster that it would have it built in.

It is built in....it's always nice to do the math as well.:f_spider:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13938

jabba11
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Also off subject but do you think it is possible for the RT handlebar setup to be used on our bikes? I woul dlove to add cruise to mine and use the facotory setup on the RT if possible.

RoadRunner
09-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Lamonster - You seem to be the resident guru when it comes to all things Spyder-y. I demo'd an RS last month out east when Factory Demo Team happened to be at the same city where I was vacationing in VA. I was impressed, but not completely bitten by the Spyder yet - at least until I saw pics of the RT! So, I'm getting pass just bring curious about this Y-factor graze! I like what I see so far, but I have one major concern - gas mileage. I'm coming from a Honda ST1300 and therefore am used to the weight and lots of body drag. But I haven't been able to figure out that the gas mileage is so low on the RS and RT. Even with the increased frontal area and higher drag coefficeint, I would still expect it to be around 40 mpg. My ST is in mid to upper 40's even when fully loaded and passenger. Why is RS/RT mpg so low, (I've read low 30's)? My wife's Accord gets better mileage!

TIA!

Lamonster
09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Also off subject but do you think it is possible for the RT handlebar setup to be used on our bikes? I woul dlove to add cruise to mine and use the facotory setup on the RT if possible.

Nope, I'm guessing you would at the very least need new cables. This is fly by wire and has no cables.

Lamonster - You seem to be the resident guru when it comes to all things Spyder-y. I demo'd an RS last month out east when Factory Demo Team happened to be at the same city where I was vacationing in VA. I was impressed, but not completely bitten by the Spyder yet - at least until I saw pics of the RT! So, I'm getting pass just bring curious about this Y-factor graze! I like what I see so far, but I have one major concern - gas mileage. I'm coming from a Honda ST1300 and therefore am used to the weight and lots of body drag. But I haven't been able to figure out that the gas mileage is so low on the RS and RT. Even with the increased frontal area and higher drag coefficeint, I would still expect it to be around 40 mpg. My ST is in mid to upper 40's even when fully loaded and passenger. Why is RS/RT mpg so low, (I've read low 30's)? My wife's Accord gets better mileage!

TIA!

I get about 34-38 on my RS. I don't know for sure on the RT but it should get 34 after it has some miles on it. I can't tell you why it doesn't get better other than what you pointed out and the fact that it weighs in at 920 lbs but if you're buying for mileage you're looking at the wrong vehicle.