PDA

View Full Version : 20-21 top speed

Lew L
05-19-2021, 10:10 PM

Asking for my friend Jake -----

He can't get his 20 RT over 108 mph and really wants more. He thinks the VSS limits top speed. My old 2014 with a stage 1 pulls right through that, up through and beyond 115 ( with the windshield down).

Soooooooooo:

Are the new :spyder2:'s top speed governed to 108 MPH????

Thanks in Advance,

Lew L

Little Blue
05-20-2021, 02:06 AM
:coffee: Well, yes. Anything faster you be flying and need a pilots license. ....:roflblack:.....:roflblack:

:popcorn: Maybe BRP will have some answers.

Just curious about the +108 mph speed need. ....:thumbup:

trikermutha
05-20-2021, 03:15 AM
Dam you guys like to go fast.:shocked:

Peter Aawen
05-20-2021, 03:50 AM
..... He can't get his 20 RT over 108 mph and really wants more. He thinks the VSS limits top speed. My old 2014 with a stage 1 pulls right through that, up through and beyond 115 ( with the windshield down). ......

Any good ECU Tuner should be able to sort that tiny problem right out for him! :ohyea: . :yes: . :thumbup:

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 04:34 AM
You're up early. ;)

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 04:37 AM
Mine tops a little over 105. Not sure about the desire to go faster. Quite frankly, I'm more comfortable plodding along in the right lane slightly under the speed limit and letting folks pass me.

Peter Aawen
05-20-2021, 04:42 AM
You're up early. ;)

Me?!? :shocked: Nah, it's only just past 19:10 (7:10 pm) on Thursday night here in South Oz; the night is still young! :ohyea:

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 04:45 AM
Funny ! I was speaking of trikermutha

Peter Aawen
05-20-2021, 04:52 AM

:D . :shemademe_smilie: . :dg2:

:cheers:

Mikey
05-20-2021, 04:54 AM
Unless your on a drag strip, don't know why you would have the need for any faster than 108!! I know how mine feels at 80, don't think I would want to go 108. Now I love to go from 0-65 with my hair on FIRE!!!!!!:ohyea::b2b:

PMK
05-20-2021, 05:18 AM
No idea on maximum speed capability.

At a guess though, at over 100 the fuel, mpg is likely around 9.25 miles per gallon, giving a range of 50 miles.

trikermutha
05-20-2021, 06:30 AM

Yep pretty much everyday:coffee:

Yabbadabbadoo
05-20-2021, 07:41 AM
I have hit 118 on my 2020 F3-S SS. With Monster Stage 2 ECU map. It was still accelerating but I ran out of balls.

Cobra0478
05-20-2021, 07:55 AM
Thanks for your question, I was wondering the same thing.
I past what I consider to be the break in mileage on my 2020 RT last week end and gave it a good spirited run, at 103 I backed out of it and regretted
staying in it long enough to see just what it would do.
Mine handled good at that speed, but you do have to have your head in the game. I found 85 or so to be a good lay back and cruse speed.
I would like to find a good hand held tuner that would work with the RT and take it in for a dyno tune.

UtahPete
05-20-2021, 09:15 AM
I have hit 118 on my 2020 F3-S SS. With Monster Stage 2 ECU map. It was still accelerating but I ran out of balls.

Where in the Northeast can you do that without running out of road or getting ticketed?

My friend Jake wanted to know...

fatboy
05-20-2021, 09:19 AM
any nice long road i can find for me 120 mph before traffic still had more

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 09:24 AM
Plenty of back country roads in the NE ConUS to do so. One only needs to be selective. If your friend needs to ask, IMHO, he does not need to be riding or for that matter, driving. Just my .02

UtahPete
05-20-2021, 09:30 AM
Plenty of back country roads in the NE ConUS to do so. One only needs to be selective. If your friend needs to ask, IMHO, he does not need to be riding or for that matter, driving. Just my .02

Well, Jake says the only roads he knows of in the NE that are straight and wide enough for that kind of speed are the heavily patrolled turnpikes.

Unlike in Nevada, for instance, or Arizona, where he routinely cruises over 100 mph...

jcoats1
05-20-2021, 09:49 AM
Not sure about Spyder's, in the automotive world top speed is programmed to the safe speed rating of the original TIRES! that being said, i am surprised they go over 50MPH?
Someone mentioned his Stage 1 programmed Spyder went right past the 108 MPH speed, maybe speed limit increased by the stage 1 program....

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 09:53 AM
"Jake" needs to get out of his/her hooch ! It is my personal opinion that "Jake" is full of crap. Again, if this person is that unfamiliar with said person's surroundings, he/she needs to be institutionalized for his/her own safety as well as the general public.

RayBJ
05-20-2021, 10:07 AM
My 'friend's' '20 RT will go past 108 now that it has the PV3 tuner.
I'm always amused by the comments of others that frown on what some of us with crazy friends do. The OP asked what the limits were, not for approvals or moral opinions. Just sayin.

BTW, New Jersey has plenty of long straight roads in the Pine Barrens with no civilization or LEOs to interfere with flying lessons.

Lew L
05-20-2021, 10:38 AM
My 'friend's' '20 RT will go past 108 now that it has the PV3 tuner.
I'm always amused by the comments of others that frown on what some of us with crazy friends do. The OP asked what the limits were, not for approvals or moral opinions. Just sayin.

BTW, New Jersey has plenty of long straight roads in the Pine Barrens with no civilization or LEOs to interfere with flying lessons.
Thanks Ray,

I was surprised ( well not really ) at the hominem attacks . Jake really is my friend. He had a Ryker with a left hand throttle and know has a '20 spyder with a foot throttle. He wouldn't be on 3 wheels if he had not been in a very serious motorcycle accident 7 years ago. He was hit by a low side motorcycle at slow speed on curvy road. He almost died and does not have the use of his right arm ( but it's still there). He does just fine on the curvy roads in the little mountains we have around here. BTW , HWY 50 east of Fallon,Nv is known as the loneliest road in America. It is. Un patrolled and lots of long,straight stretches for miles where we give our horses their reins.

OK-- not ad hominem attacks but backhanded nonetheless.

So,
Without all the recriminations and BS:
Do the new Spyders have a speed limitation bilt into the ECU programing????

ARtraveler
05-20-2021, 11:23 AM
Yes, be nice. If Jake wants to top 108 mph so be it. :bowdown:

UtahPete
05-20-2021, 11:40 AM
"Jake" needs to get out of his/her hooch ! It is my personal opinion that "Jake" is full of crap. Again, if this person is that unfamiliar with said person's surroundings, he/she needs to be institutionalized for his/her own safety as well as the general public.

Mikey, Jake says he's sorry you're having a bad day and hopes you feel better soon.

He is familiar with his surroundings out west where he lives, but from what he remembers growing up in Connecticut the roads out there in New England don't lend themselves to triple digit speeds.

Saluda
05-20-2021, 11:56 AM

As long as he's not near me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Where in the Northeast can you do that without running out of road or getting ticketed?

My friend Jake wanted to know...

The interstates ( I-89 & I-91 ) have a few 2 to 4 mile stretches .... however they are monitored more than most :gaah:..... Mike :thumbup:

UtahPete
05-20-2021, 03:13 PM
The interstates ( I-89 & I-91 ) have a few 2 to 4 mile stretches .... however they are monitored more than most :gaah:..... Mike :thumbup:

Thanks. That's what I thought.

MikeyTX
05-20-2021, 08:01 PM
Mikey, Jake says he's sorry you're having a bad day and hopes you feel better soon.

He is familiar with his surroundings out west where he lives, but from what he remembers growing up in Connecticut the roads out there in New England don't lend themselves to triple digit speeds.

I'm having a great day. My ex wife lives in Canada and despite the rain, put close to 250 more miles on my ride. I am simply have trouble digesting the fact that the subject of discussion has no idea of the roads around him.

UtahPete
05-20-2021, 08:05 PM
I'm having a great day. My ex wife lives in Canada and despite the rain, put close to 250 more miles on my ride. I am simply have trouble digesting the fact that the subject of discussion has no idea of the roads around him.

All my exes live in California in the SF Bay Area.. That's why I'm happy being anywhere else!

Ride on, bro!

redrazor
05-20-2021, 09:36 PM
Mine tops a little over 105. Not sure about the desire to go faster. Quite frankly, I'm more comfortable plodding along in the right lane slightly under the speed limit and letting folks pass me.

:agree:On these super crappy California roads and Highways, 70 mph is about all I like to push the envelope. One of the 3 wheels is always sure to encounter at least 1 of the chuckholes, bumps, or other aberrations on the roads. I love my RTL; but miss the ability to miss most of those things on my old 2-wheeler. I ride the right or middle lane now; but used to enjoy 80mph in the fast lane on my Street Glide. But, then at my age, I'm really not in any hurry to get anywhere!:coffee:

Peter Aawen
05-20-2021, 10:15 PM

C'mon guys, I know some of you are just blindly following on where others have led you, but as per the quote above, you've been asked to play nice and indirectly reminded to post on-topic, which is HOW TO HELP Jake achieve his desired aim, and NOT to air your opinion of him/his aim! :lecturef_smilie:

So let me be quite blunt - post on-topic and politely in a manner that will help Lew/aid Jake achieve his desire or you will suffer the consequences of ignoring the Forum Rules. :mad:

You have all been warned - AGAIN! :banghead:

Bottomline2000
05-20-2021, 11:58 PM
No idea on maximum speed capability.

At a guess though, at over 100 the fuel, mpg is likely around 9.25 miles per gallon, giving a range of 50 miles.

You would be surprised how good the mileage is at higher speeds. Have cruised 90mph for over 100 miles and still managed 28mpg..

As far as top speed my Daytona Edition hits 90 at the bottom of 3rd and will run up to 124mph with no tune and sport mode on. Upgrade your tires, shocks and swaybar and it can swap lanes at that speed...so I've heard..from a friend..

Lew L
05-21-2021, 11:23 AM

I wonder if the Daytona model has had some "adjustments" made to the tuning of the VSS and ECU over the standard 1330????? I'll BET it has.

AND I still would love to know if the standard/stock tune on the 1330 motor only allows the throttle plate to open to 80% or so?????

Lew L

Peter Aawen
05-21-2021, 02:58 PM
...... AND I still would love to know if the standard/stock tune on the 1330 motor only allows the throttle plate to open to 80% or so????? .........

I'm not sure of the exact %, but that IS the case! WOT is achievable as you rev out thru the lower gears, but once you start getting close to max revs &/or hit top gear, the computer backs it off somewhat! :rolleyes:

But as 'someone' mentioned earlier....
Any good ECU Tuner should be able to sort that tiny problem right out for him! :ohyea: . :yes: . :thumbup:
;)

trikermutha
05-21-2021, 07:42 PM
Just check on my 2014 its 139.8 . Vehicle speed limit per rear axle.

Stock tune was the same setting

Cant say for the newer models.

MikeyTX
05-21-2021, 09:33 PM
I have to chuckle at threads such as this. Knowing full well that the mother ship monitors this forum, this discussion simply fuels the argument by the lawyers to enable more restrictive ECU programing. GM has already done this with the C8. None of the major tuners has been able to crack the code. Also, the new type ECU will data log any changes by time, date and, mileage. As such, the power train coverage goes down the drain if it is found that the ECU has been flashed. Harley Davidson found this out the hard way several years ago. I used to tune all my scoots. No more. YMMV

Yabbadabbadoo
05-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Yes there are several long straight stretches here in CT where you can wind it up. Including some long on/off ramps not typically patrolled. I'm familiar with the typical places on the interstates where the speed traps are setup. In this case I was actually following a car who was going faster than I was. Figured he would get caught first.