PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Spare Relays in case of emergency?

bikerchris1270
05-18-2021, 11:06 AM
Anybody out in Spyderville know where to get Relays for the fuse block on Spyders……besides the dealer.

JayBros
05-18-2021, 02:40 PM
Prompts me to ask, have you have searched SL for a failed number of OEM relays? OTOH, you could pull one from your Spyder and there should be some kind of number on it you could take to any auto parts store and get a replacement at lower price than BRP would charge.

bikerchris1270
05-18-2021, 02:53 PM
Prompts me to ask, have you have searched SL for a failed number of OEM relays? OTOH, you could pull one from your Spyder and there should be some kind of number on it you could take to any auto parts store and get a replacement at lower price than BRP would charge.

I’ll try using the number on one of the relays……..

Haze
05-18-2021, 02:53 PM
From another Spyder owner:

MasterPro Ignition part BWD REF: R3110 (SMP REF: RY-232) is exactly the same as the relay in our Spyder. This relay can be purchased at Murray’s. We compared the relay in the Spyder with the BWD: R3110. They are identical…including the schematic drawing, as well as the amperage at each terminal/prong.

Rodger at NordRide in Mount Morris, MI says the OEM relay we got at Murray’s is good. He also said that BRP sells this part for about $10.00. Now whether this price is to the dealers or the consumer, I don’t know. With that said, Murray’s sells it for around $9.00.

Seems like the common one is the
Duralast
41-5100

RICZ
05-18-2021, 05:35 PM
Are all the relays in our Spyders identical?