PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Meet/Eat

glynnk
09-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Anybody interested in a breakfast or lunch meet/eat next weekend, September 12th or 13th? A meet will give us an opporturnity to finalize the ride to La Grange on the 26th. Ed also may be able to discuss his plans for his Spyders in the Smokies ride later this month and make us all jealous.

So somebody post a meet/location and a suggested day and time.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I am available both days:yes:. I proposed the place last time, so I will let somebody else do it.

3WD

glynnk
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, it doesn't seem like I'm getting much response. Saturday may be a wash anyway based on weather forecasts. Sunday may be okay though. Ozzie, Chris, 3wheel, Ed, what do you all think? Breakfast, lunch, Sunday...same place we ate breakfast last time or someplace different?

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
09-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Well, it doesn't seem like I'm getting much response. Saturday may be a wash anyway based on weather forecasts. Sunday may be okay though. Ozzie, Chris, 3wheel, Ed, what do you all think? Breakfast, lunch, Sunday...same place we ate breakfast last time or someplace different?

Glynnk

I am good for Sunday.:ohyea: Considering there is 50% chance of showers or thunderstorms, the same place may be good since is not too long of a ride from everybody. Breakfast is better for me but I am game for lunch, whatever the majority wants. Let's check back tomorrow on both the roll call and the wheather. OK?

3WD

glynnk
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds good!

Glynnk

Arch
09-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Glynn, still here just pissed bike is running like crap after the upgrade and working on getting it taken care of before we leave. If weather holds we should be able to go let us know.

Ed

ozzie
09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I am good for Sunday.:ohyea: Considering there is 50% chance of showers or thunderstorms, the same place may be good since is not too long of a ride from everybody. Breakfast is better for me but I am game for lunch, whatever the majority wants. Let's check back tomorrow on both the roll call and the wheather. OK?

3WD

:agree: sunday sounds good to me. same place? 9-10 am would work great for me.

glynnk
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Buffalo Grill, 1301 S. Voss Road at Woodway, say 10:00 a.m. Sunday, September 13th (same place as last time) . Weather forecast calls for 60% chance of rain Sunday, so we'll have to see. Let's all post something by 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning to see if we can all make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold. Is this agreeable with everybody?

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Buffalo Grill, 1301 S. Voss Road at Woodway, say 10:00 a.m. Sunday, September 13th (same place as last time) . Weather forecast calls for 60% chance of rain Sunday, so we'll have to see. Let's all post something by 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning to see if we can all make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold. Is this agreeable with everybody?

Glynnk

Agree. Hopefully see you all there:ohyea:!

3WD

ozzie
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Glynnk

agreed.. :2thumbs:

Arch
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
If weather holds there should be three of us.

Ed

glynnk
09-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, it's not raining in Cypress. I think it looks pretty good. Also, radar looks pretty good now. I'm planning on heading out providing weather doesn't change. See y'all there.

Glynnk

Arch
09-13-2009, 08:20 AM
See you there.

ozzie
09-13-2009, 08:21 AM
weather report looks good, ill see ya'll there at 10.

3wheeldemon
09-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Going too!:yes:

Jose (3WD)

glynnk
09-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Great to see everybody today and it's good to know that 3wheel has a "better half":clap:. We need to do something like that at least a couple of times a month.

After the breakfast, Ed and I drove over to Brookshire and located a meet place for the Houston bunch riding up to La Grange on Saturday, September 26th to meet some SA and Austin area Spyder ryders. Meet at the Shell station (north side of I-10) on the east corner of I-10 and FM 359 at 10:00 a.m., KSU at 10:30.

Brookshire is 63 miles from La Grange, so we should be able to make it easily there by 12:30 p.m if we leave Brookshire at 10:30 a.m.

The meet/eat place in La Grange is the Prause Meat Market. http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/567/prauses-meat-market
The link provides the location and the menu. I'll call them tomorrow and make sure they can accommodate us.

We'll miss Ed who'll be returning from the Spyders in the Smokies event, but hopefully, Chris will be able to show.

Look forward to seeing you guys again along with the SA and Austin area folks.

Glynnk