PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Lamonster Garage replacement windscreens - 2019 RT?

Bartender
05-17-2021, 10:40 AM
I am curious about the windshield that Lamonster sells as a dark screen for the RT. I have a new to me 2019 RT Limited. It has the stock shield on it which measures 25" at the center. I am 6" 2" tall and can comfortably look over the stock shield at it's lowest setting. My bike is the black out version. I would like to replace the stock shield with one of these shields because of buffeting with the stock shield. The re-curve replacement shield measures 20" at center. I can't believe that the replacement will be high enough at it's highest setting to get the rain and wind off of me when riding in bad weather. Does anyone have experience with these shields. I know that he also sells the windshield with light tint in various lengths but the tint isn't nearly as dark and Lamont does not stock any of the dark shields in other lengths. Please let me know what you think.

By the way, last Friday I stopped at the Lamonster Garage and had three new tires, sway bar, LED lights, fog lights and a lazer alignment performed. They are truly professional, impressive to watch them install and complete the alignment. Honest and fair pricing. Tires, alignment and sway bar changed the RT into a comfortable ride with impressive handling. Coming off of two wheels to the Spyder, I thought I had made a mistake buying the Spyder but now I am very satisfied. Amazing how much this changed the Bike.

Bartender.

UtahPete
05-17-2021, 11:00 AM
I've got another thread going about windshields that may answer some of your questions. The recurve that Lamonster sells is made by Freedom Shields. They're also sold by https://store.valueaccessories.net/FreedomWindshieldCan-AmSpyderRT.aspx

Bartender
05-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Where is the other thread. I did a search and cannot find it.

UtahPete
05-18-2021, 08:26 AM
Where is the other thread. I did a search and cannot find it.

Sorry. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?140503-Comparison-of-windshields-and-mods-on-2014-RTL

ARtraveler
05-18-2021, 09:37 AM
I consider myself lucky. I also use Lamonster Garage for my servicing. I don't mind the 70 mile trip North. I have also use Spyderpops. They are a bit farther and South from me. I try to alternate. It's SP's turn next time.

Both excellent places to do business with.

Bartender
05-20-2021, 09:37 AM
I was hoping to find someone or multiple people that have tried the Lamonster windshield and could provide information as to their experience with it. In particular I am concerned about with my height of 6'2" whether the 20" shield would be high enough to keep the wind off of me. Surely there are members out there who have tried the Lamonster shield. Please let me know your thoughts.

Bartender.

Peter Aawen
05-20-2021, 02:28 PM
I was hoping to find someone or multiple people that have tried the Lamonster windshield and could provide information as to their experience with it. In particular I am concerned about with my height of 6'2" whether the 20" shield would be high enough to keep the wind off of me. Surely there are members out there who have tried the Lamonster shield. Please let me know your thoughts.

Bartender.

I've edited your thread title to try & make that ^^ a little clearer - I hope I got it close/closer?! : dontknow:

Just for everyone's edification, that Thread Title field is your only real opportunity to invite people to come on in & have a read of the specifics of your question, maybe even to post a reply if they have anything that might help; so it always pays to try and briefly state your question in your title - or at least try to tell any potential readers what you expect from the thread! ;)

Here's hoping you get the sort of info you were after Bartender. :cheers: