PDA

View Full Version : Starter Solenoid 2008 GS Roadster

Jerry07_58
05-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum please be gentle?

Recently my Starter Solenoid shorted out causing my starter to fry. I ordered replacement parts. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of there the two smaller wires on the solenoid connect to which post on the Solenoid. I was in hopes that my schematic would help determine that. Unfortunately, it does not. 189926
can anyone help me with this. I plan on reassembling her today.

Snowbelt Spyder
05-16-2021, 08:06 AM
Hey Jerry. Are you still working on this? The short answer is that it doesn't matter. This application is different from an auto application. This is just two ends of a DC coil. The wires probably fit easier one way than the other. But, I could spy my setup with the help of a mirror using the mounting feet as a point of reference. See pic.

Jerry07_58
05-16-2021, 11:04 AM
Hey Jerry. Are you still working on this? The short answer is that it doesn't matter. This application is different from an auto application. This is just two ends of a DC coil. The wires probably fit easier one way than the other. But, I could spy my setup with the help of a mirror using the mounting feet as a point of reference. See pic.

Thank You. I have already completed the task. So I guess the orientation didn't matter? I did get it to turn over but NEW issues were found. "FUEL PUMP" is not working. UGH! Thank you for the reply.

Snowbelt Spyder
05-16-2021, 12:01 PM
Thank You. I have already completed the task. So I guess the orientation didn't matter? I did get it to turn over but NEW issues were found. "FUEL PUMP" is not working. UGH! Thank you for the reply.

Well, since you have the wiring diagram, any fuse or relay problem can be readily addressed. Be safe. Be seen. Watch out for deer.