PDA

View Full Version : MODS YOU CANT SEE BUT....

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 11:52 AM
worth doing .... just installed nmn new lifetime air filter and ill tell you it's worth the money ,,,,never mind you will never have to replace it but performance is very noticable ...i had update done ...ran great ...then installed a cold air intake ...ran better ...then installed new nmn filter and {{{{{{BANG}}}}} power plus .... i drive my spyder like a stole it ....and what a difference .... 75 miles an hour on highway gunning the throttle i can get my front suspension to almost bounce dee was driving along side of me and i started revving up and down the throttle and she said that the suspension on the front of my spyder was lifting ..... amazing power increase ...going to go for juicebox next .... when i'm sure what works i'll install same in dee's spyder... so it may not have BLING but nmn airfilter is well worth it for performance.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BillGargan
09-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Look, I am 69 and not old and stodgy -- else I would not own a Spyder. I also raced sports cars (TR3 and Alfa Spyder) in the mid 60s.

I find that the stock Spyder can nearly rip the handlebars out of my hands when I really gun it from start and up the gears to 65 or 70 or so. It just cannot be thought of as stodgy and slow . . . You can blow most 2-wheel toys off the road in stock mode if that is your desire.

What in the name of holy-begeezus do you need more power/speed for? I would understand if you were engaging in some form or racing, but . . .

If these changes made it RUN BETTER or gave BETTER GAS MILEAGE I would understand.

Are you doing similar things to your 4-wheel transportation? If yes, why? So you can get more speeding tickets and pay higher insurance rates?

RYDRS
09-07-2009, 01:07 PM
:agree:

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Look, I am 69 and not old and stodgy -- else I would not own a Spyder. I also raced sports cars (TR3 and Alfa Spyder) in the mid 60s.

I find that the stock Spyder can nearly rip the handlebars out of my hands when I really gun it from start and up the gears to 65 or 70 or so. It just cannot be thought of as stodgy and slow . . . You can blow most 2-wheel toys off the road in stock mode if that is your desire.

What in the name of holy-begeezus do you need more power/speed for? I would understand if you were engaging in some form or racing, but . . .

If these changes made it RUN BETTER or gave BETTER GAS MILEAGE I would understand.

Are you doing similar things to your 4-wheel transportation? If yes, why? So you can get more speeding tickets and pay higher insurance rates?

no disrespect but did you ever think about buying a scooter .... cold air into engine does improve performance ...if you look at the way it is set up heat from radiator get blown into rubber tubes into airbox ... my spyder was running like crap on hot humid days till i did this as far as gas milage i dont care what it gets for gas milage .... my other vehicle is a hummer H2 lifted with 38 inch tires and i get about 8 miles to a gallon in that ...like i said we all drive different i'm not knocking you for the way you drive ... dont knock the way i drive .... :coffee:

shunkmanitu
09-07-2009, 01:19 PM

I find that the stock Spyder can nearly rip the handlebars out of my hands when I really gun it from start and up the gears to 65 or 70 or so. It just cannot be thought of as stodgy and slow . . . So you can get more speeding tickets and pay higher insurance rates?

I raced a Trident in the very early sixties and have driven/ridden many FAST machines. The Spyder is great but a long way from the fastest.

My only ticket since 1960, a verbal warning for running my '70 Charger 102 over the 25 mph limit. Cop was an old hunting buddy that I carried back to town after he shot himself in the foot years earlier. Yes, I also ran a '53 Olds 88 "tanker" for a Moon-Shiner Cousin as a teen.

Given enough room would I ride a 200 mph motor cycle? Of course!

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I raced a Trident in the very early sixties and have driven/ridden many FAST machines. The Spyder is great but a long way from the fastest.

My only ticket since 1960, a verbal warning for running my '70 Charger 102 over the 25 mph limit. Cop was an old hunting buddy that I carried back to town after he shot himself in the foot years earlier. Yes, I also ran a '53 Olds 88 "tanker" for a Moon-Shiner Cousin as a teen.

Given enough room would I ride a 200 mph motor cycle? Of course!

YOU MY FRIEND ARE MY NEW HERO ....THAT IS AWESOME....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bo wdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown ::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bow down::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:: bowdown::bowdown:

wyliec
09-07-2009, 01:36 PM
If I haven't had any performance mods done, will the NMN filter be worth getting?

As far as what car I have, I have a Caliber SRT4, which has been warmed over. There are days that I just feel like hitting the throttle and I want to know something is there. I'll be heading for the SRT Track Experience in Pa. this coming weekend.

In 1970 I had a Challenger 440 six pack that could be heard from miles away. I won't go into the trouble I got into back then.

Just would like to know if the filter is worth getting.

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
If I haven't had any performance mods done, will the NMN filter be worth getting?

As far as what car I have, I have a Caliber SRT4, which has been warmed over. There are days that I just feel like hitting the throttle and I want to know something is there. I'll be heading for the SRT Track Experience in Pa. this coming weekend.

In 1970 I had a Challenger 440 six pack that could be heard from miles away. I won't go into the trouble I got into back then.

i'm not a tech but call evan and talk to him he will give you the skinny on the whole deal .... and if nothing else you will never need to buy another filter ....:thumbup:

BLACK WIDOW
09-07-2009, 01:48 PM
worth doing .... just installed nmn new lifetime air filter and ill tell you it's worth the money ,,,,never mind you will never have to replace it but performance is very noticable ...i had update done ...ran great ...then installed a cold air intake ...ran better ...then installed new nmn filter and {{{{{{BANG}}}}} power plus .... i drive my spyder like a stole it ....and what a difference .... 75 miles an hour on highway gunning the throttle i can get my front suspension to almost bounce dee was driving along side of me and i started revving up and down the throttle and she said that the suspension on the front of my spyder was lifting ..... amazing power increase ...going to go for juicebox next .... when i'm sure what works i'll install same in dee's spyder... so it may not have BLING but nmn airfilter is well worth it for performance.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you think it runs good now just wait until you get the JB tuned in.:2thumbs:

Michael:doorag:

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
If you think it runs good now just wait until you get the JB tuned in.:2thumbs:

Michael:doorag:

cant wait might have to call evan tomorrow...
thanks mike:2thumbs:

Magic Man
09-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Wow a 440 Six-Pack Challanger! :doorag: :clap::ohyea:

That's a cool car! :2thumbs:

I had an 71 RT 440 Six-Pack Charger, I kick myself everyday for getting rid of that car! :banghead:

As far as the filter goes...

It has way more air flow than the stock paper filter does, it is cleanable and reusable for the life of the bike. It comes with a lifetime warranty, and it has smaller micron filtering than stock. It also will not cave in on the sides like the stock filter does letting unfiltered dirt and air around it and into your motor.

These reasons are why almost all top engine builders of expensive motors use some kind of a "gause over wire mesh type filter" to protect their engines while allowing allow max air flow.

MM

Buelldog
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Tat.....whose cold air intake or did you make your own??
I know there have been some positive comments on the MMG intake kit($85) and some others that have said no noticeable change with this kit.Thanks for any feedback.

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Tat.....whose cold air intake or did you make your own??
I know there have been some positive comments on the MMG intake kit($85) and some others that have said no noticeable change with this kit.Thanks for any feedback.

thats what i got ...fit nice works well .....if i had more access to supplies and tools i would have made it myself .... once i settle in to a home i will redo it nothing wrong with mmg's kit fits and works but i may want to put in fog lights someday and the tube connects to vent where fog light goes .....plus i kind of like that scoop look ....:D
in my opinion it was an improvement ....

ataDude
09-07-2009, 04:09 PM

tatt2r - Did you see my latest post in My Mods about the NMN green filter, MMG cool air intake and JuiceBox? Great setup... almost as good, if not AS good OR BETTER, as the race air flow filter setup.

I had a chance to test it out this morning (out in the boondocks) against my benchmark bike, and the initial feelings were confirmed.

:D Can't never have enough HP and torque!

tweeder
09-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I have ken's racing intake, Would the MMG intake "scoop" be an added bonus to the setup?

tatt2r
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
tatt2r - Did you see my latest post in My Mods about the NMN green filter, MMG cool air intake and JuiceBox? Great setup... almost as good, if not AS good OR BETTER, as the race air flow filter setup.

I had a chance to test it out this morning (out in the boondocks) against my benchmark bike, and the initial feelings were confirmed.

:D Can't never have enough HP and torque!

GOOD TOO KNOW ....
thank you

bjt
09-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I have ken's racing intake, Would the MMG intake "scoop" be an added bonus to the setup?

The MMG cold air intake is made to fit the stock airbox. If you have the Evoluzione race air setup, I don't see how it would work for you without further modification. :dontknow:

ataDude
09-07-2009, 04:47 PM

Probably not... it's designed to fit into the stock box... replaces the snorkels.

WizardMaster
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Magic ManQuote:

I had an 71 RT 440 Six-Pack Charger, I kick myself everyday for getting rid of that car! :banghead:

MM

Ev the one I found for you in Maryland is still for sale!!!! Do I hear roadtrip?!?!?!?

tatt2rQuote:
my other vehicle is a hummer H2 lifted with 38 inch tires and i get about 8 miles to a gallon in that ...

Now that I would like to see!!!!:2thumbs: My kind of toy!

Roaddog2
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
no disrespect but did you ever think about buying a scooter .... cold air into engine does improve performance ...if you look at the way it is set up heat from radiator get blown into rubber tubes into airbox ... my spyder was running like crap on hot humid days till i did this as far as gas milage i dont care what it gets for gas milage .... my other vehicle is a hummer H2 lifted with 38 inch tires and i get about 8 miles to a gallon in that ...like i said we all drive different i'm not knocking you for the way you drive ... dont knock the way i drive .... :coffee::agree: