PDA

View Full Version : New spyder owner

thekershaw's
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone. My wife just purchased a used 2008 :spyder2: PE # 3171 with 2000kms on it. We got a great deal on it. I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have tried very hard to convince my wife to get her license and get a bike. She tried riding my 2 wheel bike but didn't feel comfortable on it. She was thinking on a getting a scooter because they are automatic and would be easier for to ride. I tried very hard to covince her not to get a scooter. :lecturef_smilie: When we went helmet shopping, we walked into a dealer that had some spyders for sell. Well that did it. :2thumbs: She fell in love. We couldn't afford a new one so we started looking for a good used one and found one. We picked it up 2 weeks ago, and she can't ride it yet. :cus: The DriveTest centers where you get your license from, here, are on strike. She is pretty upset, but I have been riding it with her on the back and love it. She can't wait to get her license and ride it herself. So far we've put 1000kms on it and couldn't be happier. We hope to find other :f_spider: riders in the area to go on rides with. :2excited:

DynamoBT
09-07-2009, 10:50 AM
:congrats: on the new to you Spyder!!!welcome Pretty good bunch of people here. Best Spyder forum IMHO!!

Bersquack
09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
:congrats: and welcome

retread
09-07-2009, 11:02 AM
welcome:congrats: have fun, ryde safe.

john

AWSM3SM
09-07-2009, 11:26 AM
welcome:congrats:

jvicker
09-07-2009, 11:45 AM
welcome:congrats: You'll find out that this is a great place for info.

bjt
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Congrats on the new Spyder and hopefully she'll be able to get her license soon.

BumbleBee
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
welcome:congrats: Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe!

docdoru
09-07-2009, 03:35 PM
welcome and :congrats: for the Silver=Fast Spyder :thumbup:

Neez
09-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Congrats on your buy and hope the strike is settled soon so your wife can get on with her licencing.

The_Spyderwoman
09-08-2009, 01:45 AM
:2thumbs: welcome :congrats: :clap::clap::clap:

We hope to find other :f_spider: riders in the area to go on rides with. :2excited::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: There are probably a few up there!!:coffee:;);)

MizMuffet
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Welcome! How frustrating with the license situation. If she likes the back, she's going to LOVE the front!

Questions
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Dear friend.
I am brazilian.
Too am new owner of the spyder.
I am with problem in system VSS.
My spyder is new .
Your direction is limited.

Star Cruiser
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Congratulations of the new Ryde! The Strike is a real bummer. Unfortunately it is almost winterizing time here. She will REALLY be looking forward to the Spring now. Lot's of nice ryding in the Quinte area - ENJOY

fastfraser
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
:congrats: on the new to you:spyder2:.

Capt John
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
:congrats: & welcome

mrwidget
10-12-2009, 07:10 PM
welcome:congrats::ohyea:

Pat
04-03-2010, 02:34 PM
:thumbup:Hi there! You sound like me and my husband. My husband loves his Harley's and I hate being a passenger so I refused to ride with him so he ended up selling his bike. I did try to get into it myself but found I was not comfortable on two wheels with a clutch in traffic. One day we were on the road and I seen the Spyder and told my husband that I could probably do that as I quad a lot and thought it would have a similar feel to it. That was it! He started looking into it and found that we could get it without a clutch and he bought me one right away and himself a new Harley. We bought it last August so I have not been on it lots but I do love it. I do not have my license yet either but as long as I have a driver's license and am following my husband I am good to ride legally. I am sure your wife will love it, I know I do! My husband just bought me the foot boards for it and that makes it even more comfortable to ride long distances. I am very excited to do the scavenger hunt that is posted on this site and it will take us all over Alberta and into BC. (we live in Calgary) Everyone I ride with has a Harley so my husband also put a new exhaust on it to make it louder for me too. It is great! Have fun riding....just thought I would share my story with you.

VaughnCat
04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
:agree: Very cool! Too bad about the strike! :(
I understand the frustration. I too have been a passenger for many years, while fighting the urge for my own bike.... But now that we've got the Spyder, I'm ready to surrender and am going for my motorcycle endorsement.:yes:

It's gonna be a fun summer! Looking forward to your travel updates, pics, etc!
cat
:congrats::congrats:

Brevet05
04-03-2010, 03:04 PM
:2thumbs: Congratulations and welcome! You'll love the Spyder, the folks here are a great bunch, and the scavenger hunt is a hoot! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

:thumbup:Hi there! You sound like me and my husband. My husband loves his Harley's and I hate being a passenger so I refused to ride with him so he ended up selling his bike. I did try to get into it myself but found I was not comfortable on two wheels with a clutch in traffic. One day we were on the road and I seen the Spyder and told my husband that I could probably do that as I quad a lot and thought it would have a similar feel to it. That was it! He started looking into it and found that we could get it without a clutch and he bought me one right away and himself a new Harley. We bought it last August so I have not been on it lots but I do love it. I do not have my license yet either but as long as I have a driver's license and am following my husband I am good to ride legally. I am sure your wife will love it, I know I do! My husband just bought me the foot boards for it and that makes it even more comfortable to ride long distances. I am very excited to do the scavenger hunt that is posted on this site and it will take us all over Alberta and into BC. (we live in Calgary) Everyone I ride with has a Harley so my husband also put a new exhaust on it to make it louder for me too. It is great! Have fun riding....just thought I would share my story with you.

mofa52
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrads, you will love the Spyder, I traded a Ural sidecar rig in on one of these and I have never looked back, don't get me wrong, the Ural is great fun as long as you understand what it is and can do, the Spyder well......it does everything! BTW, this is a great board and a great bunch of people.:thumbup:

pastorchuck
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
:congrats: You're gonna love it!

Ronsam
04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
:2thumbs:welcome:yes:

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
YOU GO GIRL! :congrats: MM

groundeffect
04-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Hi there, welcome and :congrats:.

I just took a quick look in your photo gallery - nice looking machine.

However, the under the seat shot has be slightly concerned. If you look closely it looks there is fluid leaking from your front brake fluid cap (the one near the lower part of the picture), and it also looks like the tab/bump on the outer edge of the cap is on incorrectly. I could be wrong, but it may be a good idea just to double check both brake fluid reservoir caps to be sure they are on tight, have a good seal so no brake fluid is leaking from either one. If fluid leaks it can degrade brake performance and the fluid can strip paint on your painted parts, like the frame and swing arm, etc...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=693&pictureid=8800
Hope that helps.
Cheers from Newfoundland and welcome aboard!!

Hello everyone. My wife just purchased a used 2008 :spyder2: PE # 3171 with 2000kms on it. We got a great deal on it. I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have tried very hard to convince my wife to get her license and get a bike. She tried riding my 2 wheel bike but didn't feel comfortable on it. She was thinking on a getting a scooter because they are automatic and would be easier for to ride. I tried very hard to covince her not to get a scooter. :lecturef_smilie: When we went helmet shopping, we walked into a dealer that had some spyders for sell. Well that did it. :2thumbs: She fell in love. We couldn't afford a new one so we started looking for a good used one and found one. We picked it up 2 weeks ago, and she can't ride it yet. :cus: The DriveTest centers where you get your license from, here, are on strike. She is pretty upset, but I have been riding it with her on the back and love it. She can't wait to get her license and ride it herself. So far we've put 1000kms on it and couldn't be happier. We hope to find other :f_spider: riders in the area to go on rides with. :2excited:

frozenracoon
05-09-2010, 01:24 PM
hi there folks...my wife and i are new to the spyder game and are awaiting a new 2011 RT which we may upgrade to a RT-S. we'll wait and see. we saw the bike by accident and arranged for a test ride at snow city cycle here in scarborough for this coming wednesday. my wife is a long time goldwing rider as was myself and a sidecarrist as well. recently we have been riding on a ST1100. I AM CURRENTLY UNDER A MEDICAL SUSPENSION UNTIL MY HIP IS DONE SO MY WIFE SUE (sorry) will be the primary rider and me as pillion.
fortunately she loves to ride and was a great pillion as well, but it's time for her to get back to being a primary and she is VERY excited!:2thumbs:

hopefully we'll get a chance to meet many of you folks during upcoming rides and before even. i won't be able to ride for several months during rehab and such but sue may be out and about.

cheers all

rob:2excited:

ARtraveler
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Congratulations on your new ride. :2thumbs:

SpyderSteve
05-09-2010, 03:08 PM
hi there folks...my wife and i are new to the spyder game and are awaiting a new 2011 RT which we may upgrade to a RT-S. we'll wait and see. we saw the bike by accident and arranged for a test ride at snow city cycle here in scarborough for this coming wednesday. my wife is a long time goldwing rider as was myself and a sidecarrist as well. recently we have been riding on a ST1100. I AM CURRENTLY UNDER A MEDICAL SUSPENSION UNTIL MY HIP IS DONE SO MY WIFE SUE (sorry) will be the primary rider and me as pillion.
fortunately she loves to ride and was a great pillion as well, but it's time for her to get back to being a primary and she is VERY excited!:2thumbs:

hopefully we'll get a chance to meet many of you folks during upcoming rides and before even. i won't be able to ride for several months during rehab and such but sue may be out and about.

cheers all

rob:2excited: :congrats: and good luck with your health, i also bought my 09 se5 at snow city and i was there wed. and got caught in that storm, took me 2 hrs. to get back to mississauga [no rain gear] :cus: